The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Not a good performance but three points all the same. Happy for Soldado but we don't look like a team that is going to get top four. Hopefully we see Lamela get a run when he is back, because our wide players are not petrol forming well, and we lack creativity. Hopefully Erisken is back this week cos we will need him for March.

Not a good performance but three points all the same. Happy for Soldado but we don't look like a team that is going to get top four. Hopefully we see Lamela get a run when he is back, because our wide players are not petrol forming well, and we lack creativity. Hopefully Erisken is back this week cos we will need him for March.

Why is it that when Tottenham win/lose/draw against any team, there's clamoring for Lamela to come in and be anything but shit like he's been so far?

• Like 2

Why is it that when Tottenham win/lose/draw against any team, there's clamoring for Lamela to come in and be anything but shit like he's been so far?

Like I said would happen when they signed him and Spurs fans called me an idiot? :shifty:

"Outrageous skill from Jan Vertonghen, a Zidane style step over and drag back all in one. Genius."

I hope that someone, somewhere has put together a gif of this.

Also, we want Lamela to get a run because he's clearly talented. When I went to Spurs against Sheriff he was so ridiculously amazing.

• Like 1

Because we spent 30 million on a player, who is clearly talented, and has an abundance of creativity, and I wanna see what he can do. Plus, I miss Scott Parker and I need a player to fill the gap he left in my heart, so I've chosen Lamela. It's more that just he's only started 3 games for us, and I really wanna see so much more of him, I think he could easily be our best player. And I'm worried if he doesn't get a run we'll sell him in summer and will have missed a huge opportunity. Plus, he's far better than Townsend & Chadli.

• Like 3

Yeah if we let him go in the summer then it's a horrible waste. Horrible.

Sherwood has said that Lamela is central to his plans and in Sherwood's first two games Lamela got decent sub run-outs;. It looked like he was building back to starting....and then he got injured and has been ever since. Really frustrating.

The idea of Lamela behind the striker makes me very excited, especially if its in a team which also includes Eriksen. It should start to bring a level of creativity back to the team we've missed since Modric left. I do think we've been very, very unlucky with injuries this season, we've seemingly never had a fully fit squad, which kind of sucks. I was just hoping by the time we got to March things would be flowing a little better, but things have got kind of disrupted. Either way, an important three points, and a huge month ahead of us. I really fear for us against the bigger teams if Fryers and Naughton are both lining up at full-back, though.

How can you refuse a buy out clause? Surely only the player can refuse to move otherwise what's the point?

It's also exactly what happened to us with Konoplyanka.

The old 'two wrongs making a right' argument deployed with great speed.

• Like 1

How can you refuse a buy out clause? Surely only the player can refuse to move otherwise what's the point?

It's also exactly what happened to us with Konoplyanka.

The old 'two wrongs making a right' argument deployed with great speed.

Nope, it's absolutely disgusting. Just pointing out to Jimmy that there are other recent examples of it happening.