The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Thinking maybe Pardews realised that's the only way we'd ever be first on MOTD, thanks boss.

Meanwhile Gary Lineker has retweeted a picture of Chris Benoit with Pardews face. It wasn't that bad!

My brother sent me that picture! LADbible at it's finest :shifty:

Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko: "I don't know, I was too far away I didn't see what happened. It's a small thing. The most important thing is we won."

lol

Meh, it'll be a ban and a fine. It's not as if it's a full Tino headbutt, it was the standard weird 'put your head in someone else's face' thing that people do in football these days for some bizarre reason. Not sure why the lol at Sissoko either since he's clearly said he hasn't even seen it.
The lol was the idea of a manager headbutting a player being a small thing in any way, shape or form.

If you haven't seen it, and you've just scored two goals in a comprehensive away win, and English isn't your first language, that reads as a player who wants to talk about what he's done on the pitch. Seems perfectly sensible.

It's gone under the radar somewhat, but 10/10 for Suarez's dive... pains me to say he was outstanding again though.

Is the whole Pardew thing not being blown hugely out of proportion? Yes he shouldnt have done it, should set an example as a manager blah blah blah. But he's still a human being, prone to losing their head a bit. How many times a season does that happen between players and very little is made of it. Certainly not "OMG SACK HIM".

And to be fair, who wouldn't nut David Meyler?

Meyler is where I'm from and when he's home for the summer, there's been two separate stories of him flinging a bunches of 50 notes at bouncer who wouldn't let him skip a queue and at a girl who wanted nothing to do with him.

Years ago I was at a regional training camp with him too. He was in the older group and miles better than everybody there but still the cockiest count I've ever come across and I didn't even interact with him much.

So yeah, well done Pards!

It's gone under the radar somewhat, but 10/10 for Suarez's dive... pains me to say he was outstanding again though.

What dive? :/

• Like 2

For the penalty. It was an Ashley Young special to be fair. Kick the defenders leg and pirouette on your way to hitting the deck.

Not that it made any difference to the game.

For the penalty. It was an Ashley Young special to be fair. Kick the defenders leg and pirouette on your way to hitting the deck.

:lol:

I suppose he forced Fonte to drag him down by the shirt too eh? Dirty cheating fuck.

QFE :lol:

Just saw that on Goals on Sunday, proper Ashley Young with a full 'stick leg out in completely odd direction', certainly far less a pen than Southamptons first half shout.

Incidentally they also actually did some analysis on our game, apparently subscribers are more important than license fee payers.