The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

This is so horrible.

This is a thread about football, and the EPL. Anelka was banned for some games, for being a tit. End of. If you wanna talk about the politics behind the gesture go to the Lounge.

Mad JD will get a warning next time he tells someone to fuck themselves, or he can get one now if he wants to keep it going. Otherwise, drop it guys.

• Like 4

THREAD UN-CLOSED. :shifty:

Fulham: Stekelenburg; Riether, Hangeland, Heitinga, Richardson; Dejagah, Parker, Sidwell, Dempsey; Kasami, Bent

Subs: Stockdale, Riise, Burn, Kvist, Holtby, Karagounis, Rodallega

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Matic, Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard, Torres

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Luiz, Mikel, Lampard, Willian, Ba

This one could get tricky in that Chelsea have literally not trained since they returned from Turkey at 6am Thursday morning. Plus of course the way Fulham like to over-perform in this derby regardless of how terrible they play against other teams.

In other words, I am taking on the role of Hammond in this clip:

http://youtu.be/uL0ROeZw7wA

Hindsight is 20:20, especially as Anelka claims that he didn't know of the anti-Semitic connotations (I think a similar thing happened to another French footballer... I want to say Sagna for some reason?).

Ignorance is never a defence.

It is actually. One the most highly peddled untruths in law. It annoys me when people say that. :/

Anyway, I already won the quenelle argument in this thread months ago. :/

Hindsight is 20:20, especially as Anelka claims that he didn't know of the anti-Semitic connotations (I think a similar thing happened to another French footballer... I want to say Sagna for some reason?).

Ignorance is never a defence.

It is actually. One the most highly peddled untruths in law. It annoys me when people say that. :/

Legally it might be, but laws aren't always the most logical concepts. I meant just generally - common sense would suggest it to me.