The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Gesture considered anti-semitic in France already.

Anelka does said gesture.

He should be banned for stupidity alone. Whether the French government's reading of it is 'correct', why would you make what has been perceived as an anti-semitic gesture?

The gesture is also considered by thousands to be an anti-establishment gesture. The French government totally don't have any interest in suppressing that interpretation though. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll change your tune your tune when its an anti homosexual symbol

Piss off.The implication there, that my opposition to discrimination and hatred only extends to homophobia, is complete bullshit and just a personal attack.

Felix Magath, former Bayern manager.

I did like Ian Wright's article in the Sun attacking Fulham for appointing an 'unproven' manager like Magath rather than 'Sean Dyche, Nigel Pearson or Steve McLaren'.

Gesture considered anti-semitic in France already.

Anelka does said gesture.

He should be banned for stupidity alone. Whether the French government's reading of it is 'correct', why would you make what has been perceived as an anti-semitic gesture?

The gesture is also considered by thousands to be an anti-establishment gesture. The French government totally don't have any interest in suppressing that interpretation though. :rolleyes:

Piss off.The implication there, that my opposition to discrimination and hatred only extends to homophobia, is complete bullshit and just a personal attack.

......but it could be considered anti-semitic.

I don't care what it actually means, but when the grey area is big enough as it is, why would you even do it in the first place?

He made a signal that a decent amount of people consider anti-semitic. Whether it is or not, that is a pretty fucking stupid thing to do.

Indeed.

Indeed.

Go fuck yourself.

Indeed.

Go fuck yourself.

You have be trolling us with this bullshit. You aren't stupid enough to think Anelka doesn't deserve to be given a ban for a gesture that is considered anti-Semitic by the majority.

Indeed.

Go fuck yourself.

Ooh, sailor

• Like 2

Are you really going to bring Luis Suarez's 7 racial slurs that, had they been separate incidents, he'd have been banned for good?

Seriously?

Racism is as racism does.

That, or I'm assuming he is being an ironic 'everyone hates Suarez' Liverpool fan.

• Like 1

Got to love how he's a "former Manchester United player" ahead of being recognised for his Newcastle/Blackburn days, despite only ever making a handful of appearances for us.

To be fair we're getting 'Newcastle United footballer on rape charge' when Nile Rangers contract was terminated yonks ago. Not 'ex-player'. Lazy journos.

Suarez is the biggest of cunts but a world class footballer, so it's understandable why LIverpool fans adore him despite this.

Isn't that the crux of the whole Suarez thing, so we can avoid the needless bickering over it?

Saurez is anti establishment, obviously

There is a hell of a difference between a gesture that is described by its creator as being anti-establishment and calling someone 'blackey' 7 times.

As you well know.

But sure, continue to try to cloud the issue. Makes a break from you making really shitty puns.