The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

If I were them, I'd be tempted to buy an out and out striker and try a forward three of Rooney-Striker-Mata, with a central midfield three and attacking fall backs for width just to incorporate them both because I don't think Rooney's an out and out striker anymore. But I don't know where that'd leave Januzaj etc. I dunno, it's a weird one. But they can't keep playing Mata wide in a 4-4-2.

I'd actually try Januzaj on the right of a three. It might mean that Mata plays on the left but with Evra constantly bombing on past him, he wouldn't have to play so wide.

.............. RVP .................

Mata ... Rooney ... Janazuj

.....Carrick .... Fellaini ......

If I were them, I'd be tempted to buy an out and out striker and try a forward three of Rooney-Striker-Mata, with a central midfield three and attacking fall backs for width just to incorporate them both because I don't think Rooney's an out and out striker anymore. But I don't know where that'd leave Januzaj etc. I dunno, it's a weird one. But they can't keep playing Mata wide in a 4-4-2.

Chicharito is about as out-and-out striker as you can get...

Pardew isn't going anywhere this season. All the managers you listed are in a relegation battle, we're 8th. This is after one bad spell without Remy, Tiote, Coloccini and losing Cabaye.

Pards is doing a fine job, same can't be said for Moyes!

• Admin
But BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy says: "The statement from West Brom doesn't really address any key issues other than confirm indirectly that Mel will be in charge for the home match against Manchester United a week on Saturday. We're told that Mel and the football department are doing 'everything in their power' to stay in the Premier League, that there's 'a real desire and hunger' for that.
"It would be a major news story if that wasn't the case. No assurances are given about Mel's future in the statement, and the admission that there's been 'a lot of soul searching' in the football department only hints that the senior players' reservations about Mel's preferred style of play have been accurately represented in the media."