The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n275iW54o68

Wow, wow, wow. Still don't fully understand how he did it.

Interestingly not Bergkamps favourite goal as he prescribes a lot of it to luck that Dabizas goes that way. He's too modest, its amazing.

That was from a cracking interview in one of the first issues of the Blizzard, I should really get a few more at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n275iW54o68

Wow, wow, wow. Still don't fully understand how he did it.

Fuck it - I hate that goal. It is clearly a good goal, don't get me wrong, it is just not as good as people think it is in my eyes.

It is nowhere near his goal against Argentina or Leicester - there was no element of luck or fortuitousness at all, whilst I feel that there is for his goal against Newcastle.

I still like t because it looks good and that's the main thing.

I don't even think it looks that good - he looks like he mis-controls it, holds the defender off, and finishes it.

In terms of move/movement/beauty, his goal against Argentina completely destroys it in my eyes. Top three goal for me.

• Admin
Newcastle lost 4-0 to Tottenham last time out and manager Alan Pardew makes four changes from that side. Defenders Fabricio Coloccini and Paul Dummett, midfielder Cheick Tiote and striker Loic Remy replace Davide Santon, Steven Taylor, Sammy Ameobi and Luuk De Jong. Aston Villa make two changes from their goalless draw at Cardiff as midfielder Karim El Ahmadi and striker Andreas Weimann come in for Marc Albrighton and Joe Bennett.
Newcastle: Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini, Dummett, Sissoko, Tiote, Anita, Gouffran, Remy, Cisse. Subs: Yanga-Mbiwa, Gosling, de Jong, Haidara, Elliot, Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor.
Aston Villa: Guzan, Bacuna, Baker, Vlaar, Bertrand, Weimann, Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi, Benteke, Agbonlahor. Subs: Bennett, Clark, Albrighton, Steer, Sylla, Tonev, Holt.
Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)

• Admin
Glen Johnson and Jordan Henderson return to the Liverpool side after injury, with Simon Mignolet also replacing Brad Jones from the team that lost 2-1 at Arsenal in the FA Cup. Swansea manager Garry Monk makes five changes to the side that drew 0-0 with Napoli in the Europa League on Thursday.
Liverpool: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Coutinho, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge. Subs: Brad Jones, Toure, Aspas, Moses, Cissokho, Allen, Teixeira.
Swansea: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Taylor, Britton, de Guzman, Dyer, Shelvey, Routledge, Bony. Subs: Amat, Hernandez, Tiendalli, Canas, Tremmel, N'Gog, Emnes.
Referee: Mike Jones (Cheshire)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs

:lol: what are you like Larz.

I remember on a dvd I own of the Baddiel & Skinner Fantasy Football series for Euro 2004, they mocked one of those daft, easy phone-in competitions on ITV called "Who scored this goal?" which was obviously Gazza against Scotland with that brilliant dink over the defenders, by having their own "competition" and it was that goal, with that same ridiculous over the top commentary shouting "THERE'S BERGKAMP THERE'S BERGKAMP, DENNIS BERGKAMP! DENNIS BERGKAMP!"

Also, I could watch Bergkamp goals all day long. The first player I ever admired as a little kid when I started watching the sport.

• Like 1