The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

RVP has his return goal, but if he IS indeed returning to the pattern of his career (excepting the last two seasons) then he'll be off having tweaked something by the end of the game. That'll end up meaning another 3 weeks off, which will be tweaked again during a warm up game and we'll see him back scoring a winner in about April.

I would be doing a 9-8 tonight... Having to listen to the first half on the radio on my phone. Fucking Barclays making me work late :(

2-0 Liverpool, Sturridge.

United go in 1-0 at the break - it's been a decent performance but we do still look shaky at the back. Cardiff have had joy down our left through Noone. Need a 2nd to effectively kill the game early in the second half, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if Everton start to slide a little now. Feel free to call me on this when they finish fifth or something at the end of the season, but speaking to my cousin (a long suffering Everton fan) he's of the opinion that their squad is a little fragile.

I've been right so far in my unsurprising claims that after 9 teams being so close early in the season, Southampton would fall away (they did), then Newcastle (they did) and my next prediction was that Everton would start to drift. That would leave Manchester United, Liverpool or Spurs to be next to topple. Man Utd were looking favourites until the Mata signing, but sadly that's now up in the air again. Spurs have had their result renaissance recently and Liverpool, although dropping slowly as the season has progressed, are still getting results and putting in performances when required.

I wouldn't be surprised if Everton start to slide a little now. Feel free to call me on this when they finish fifth or something at the end of the season, but speaking to my cousin (a long suffering Everton fan) he's of the opinion that their squad is a little fragile.

I've been right so far in my unsurprising claims that after 9 teams being so close early in the season, Southampton would fall away (they did), then Newcastle (they did) and my next prediction was that Everton would start to drift. That would leave Manchester United, Liverpool or Spurs to be next to topple. Man Utd were looking favourites until the Mata signing, but sadly that's now up in the air again. Spurs have had their result renaissance recently and Liverpool, although dropping slowly as the season has progressed, are still getting results and putting in performances when required.

We're only a point behind Man Utd! I expect us to slide but it hasn't happened yet.