The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Rooney looks set to sign a new contract at United worth £300k-per-week until 2018.

Ha, that means he'll be 33 and on £300k a week. Good luck with that!

That seems like a situation in FM where a player who's already peaked comes to me and looks for a stupid contract, only to be told to fuck right off, gets sold swiftly and never sees anywhere close to that money!

When I'm President of FIFA I'm going to introduce a salary cap of £300,000 per year.

That'll just mean clubs make massive profits and so transfer fees and signing on fees/loyalty bonuses will go through the roof.

When I'm President of FIFA I'm going to introduce a salary cap of £300,000 per year.

That'll just mean clubs make massive profits and so transfer fees and signing on fees/loyalty bonuses will go through the roof.

No it doesn't you silly boy. I'll ban sponsorship (because it makes the shirts look ugly) and drastically lower gate prices. And make all games free to air on BBC.

And signing fees and loyalty bonuses will be banned.

Easy.

But £7m a year wages is clearly in excess of the salary cap. :/

No it isn't

£300k x 52 = £15,600,000

Read his initial post, the cap is 300k per year.

But £7m a year wages is clearly in excess of the salary cap. :/

No it isn't

£300k x 52 = £15,600,000

I said £300k per year, you daft twat.

So your powers as FIFA President can see you implement a wage cap on the world? :shifty:

Not the world. Within football, you daft twat.