The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

You've really missed having a fit and functioning Michu.

Plus injuries to Bony for a spell and Michu of course. From what I saw you weren't playing anywhere near the level you were last season though even before that, though I agree the Europa League is a poor excuse for that. Pardew.

That's a ridiculous booking by the way. Clash of heads, nothing more.

Michu hasn't looked interested when he has played, maybe because he did have niggling injuries. Last season, we took points off Man City, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea and this season, we've lost to all of them. The next few games will prove how good we are, if we can't get a win against Fulham, West Ham and Cardiff then something is wrong.

I don't know what was going through Chico's head for the third goal. "Oh, it's two vs. two, I better charge the man on the ball instead of marking Abebayor."

Nice one, Bony.

It just goes to show how things are ratcheting up since the start of December. Early on teams were dropping points all over the place and were still bouncing back up after a couple of wins.

We WERE Seventh and 16 points out of 18 later we're just about up to fifth with Everton still to play.

Still at least we're back level on points with Liverpool again. It's nice how things change in that ten years ago if we were level with Liverpool at this time of the season we were doing well and they were struggling, but this season they're seen as doing really well and Spurs are the team that have had problems.

Anyway, we always seem to look decent when Walker and Dembele are doing well. It's probably because they're two of the more mercurial players in the team.

Eriksen has settled. Lad looks class. Chiriches with some great defensive work today and he's looking good. Chadli has his moments and, in some ways, he needs more game time but if Lamela's back soon I know who I'd prefer to have on the pitch.

Or, alternatively, a cunt.

Giggling to myself since I didn't actually see that until you said that!

I found it on Facebook. I didn't see it either at first!

Suarez has been photoshopped on, the original picture with "Cunt" in the background is at Stamford Bridge.

Great performance from Spurs today. Really thought Sherwood got it right, and it goes to show we don't have to play two strikers to score goals. Eriksen & Ade were both superb. Can't wait till Lamela is fit, because he could either take over on the right from Lennon, who's had a few average games (United aside) or play behind the striker with Eriksen going a little further left. Really hope Townsend isn't rushed back in, and especially not on the right. Also though Bentaleb was great today, and I've been very critical of him. Bony had a cracking game too for Swansea, great striker.

• Like 1

1-0 down after 20 minutes and it's over apparently.

You plastic Man Utd are hilarious.

And you football "fans" who jump on every comment spouting shite like "plastic" (which means absolutely nothing by the way), are even more so.

My point was that Jose's sides don't often fail to convert a 1-0 lead, especially at home. And that, given how poor we are this season, it's even more unlikely.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind