The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Ahhh that lovely young ENGLISH Daniel Sturridge, defending himself against that dirty foreigner Bacuna.

In fairness there was fuck all there, he just pushed him away one handed, Bacuna looked ridiculous.

That broke my acca. :(

I don't think it's a dive.

However, I also don't think it's a penalty. There is contact between Guzan's body and Suarez's foot but not enough for a penalty to be given. Once Guzan slides and pulls his arms away, he can't stop himself. His momentum catches Suarez, but yeah, no penalty for me.

Shot ourselves in both feet today. Was obvious the opening few minutes we'd have a massive problem with Gerrard as a DM (probably obvious from the minute the team sheet was announced, tbf), and yet we waited until half-time to fix it.

We're getting to the stage where having Gerrard as a starter every game is becoming a hindrance.

Cissokho is utterly rancid. I'd sooner see us play Konchesky or Traore at left back.

Coutinho has not been good this season. With Sturridge back now I think out of our main front four players (Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling/Coutinho) he's the one who should be on the bench at the moment.

Mignolet's not great either. Poor with the ball at his feet which invites pressure, shaky at anything that comes in in the air and recently mistakes have been creeping in with his shot stopping as well.

We need a big January window. A DM is a must if Lucas' injury is serious - and probably even if it isn't, really, he's not looked the same since coming back from injury - and we could do with another left back as well.

However, I also don't think it's a penalty. There is contact between Guzan's body and Suarez's foot but not enough for a penalty to be given. Once Guzan slides and pulls his arms away, he can't stop himself. His momentum catches Suarez, but yeah, no penalty for me.

I've only seen it the once so I'd have to see it again, but the way you just described sounds like a penalty to me...

I've only seen it the once so I'd have to see it again, but the way you just described sounds like a penalty to me...

There's contact, so it's not a dive. But there's not enough contact for it to be a penalty, IMO.

He goes through him with leg and body, how is he supposed to stay up? I don't want to sound like a Liverpool fan (eeuww), but I don't even think it would even be highlighted if it wasn't Suarez or someone else with a reputation. He didn't even do the standard 'massive stretch and kick the ball out of play' that everyone does with a 50/50 against the keeper, he still had a great chance of keeping that in and scoring.