The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I suppose you could argue he sets the team up to play to their strengths. Villa don't really have any of the cultured midfield players that are required to link attack and defence if you're looking for fluid and exciting football. However, with Agbonlahor's speed and Benteke's ability to snatch goals they have some good players for sitting back and hitting the opposition on the break.

The cultured midfield comment is fair, however, he has had 4 transfer windows to address it. And it's not like there's no funds available, people forget that there has been plenty of money made available to him yet he's chosen to spend it all on a high volume of completely unknown players which is fine providing they are gems but they aren't, they are unknown because they are crap.

What I really don't understand is why Lambert seems to have changed his playing philosophy so much. At Norwich he always seemed to encourage attacking, free flowing football and that seemed to continue when he first joined villa but since then he's seemed to move more towards the contain and hit them on the break method for some reason. I know little of villa's management structure but I'm not convinced that Lambert's style of play (specifically this season), isn't being forced upon him by someone else

There's no one above him in a footballing sense. So I'd find that unlikely.

I suppose you could argue he sets the team up to play to their strengths. Villa don't really have any of the cultured midfield players that are required to link attack and defence if you're looking for fluid and exciting football. However, with Agbonlahor's speed and Benteke's ability to snatch goals they have some good players for sitting back and hitting the opposition on the break.

But at this stage, it's his team. His signings and his sales/freezing people out are what led to him having this team.

Some could say that the Dortmund model has finally peaked.

Could you go away? Forever? Ta. Dickhead.

I didn't even see this page til after I posted. Even if i had, I like Gazz.

I quoted the three posts in a row, and responded to them. It isn't needless, his post (not for the first time) was annoying, ridiculous, pointless and bothersome. If Sara can have people stop calling her Jeff because it bothers her, then I can have him shut up with jokes that bother me.

Not entirely why you feel the need to stick your nose in, causing actual conflict.

I didn't even see this page til after I posted. Even if i had, I like Gazz.

I quoted the three posts in a row, and responded to them. It isn't needless, his post (not for the first time) was annoying, ridiculous, pointless and bothersome. If Sara can have people stop calling her Jeff because it bothers her, then I can have him shut up with jokes that bother me.

Not entirely why you feel the need to stick your nose in, causing actual conflict.

This just in: shit joke gets overused on EWB.

Leaving us with our massively brilliant sidesplitters like 'Lineker supports all the teams'? We're not exactly blessed with great jokes, we need all the shit ones we've got...

Either way, a naff joke is more likely to go away if just ignored rather than kick up a whole page discussion on it.

• Like 1

Sorry, totes forgot we can't respond to them saying what we want! Despite people constantly complaining about other shit jokes continuing.

You can, but General isn't the only one bringing shit jokes up. I even joked about Brad Guzan last night!

I just don't really get it when people get genuinely annoyed by them. They'll stop when the time comes. And when they get more attention due to people moaning, it fuels the fire for someone else to jump in.

The country pun one has outstayed its welcome, but complaining will only lead to even more of the same rehashed bollocks. It's best to just ignore it, basically.