The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

• Admin

David Moyes has described Webb's decision to not give Utd a penalty towards the end for Lloris' challenge on Ashley Young as 'scandalous'.

I haven't seen it yet but I'll jump to the conclusion that it's Young and Moys is talking out of his backside?

There was a few questionable decisions to be fair. Lloris handling the ball outside the area in the first half should've been a red card too!

Shit happens though, we still had the chances to win but just didn't take them. We just had one of those days.

Reputations are starting to precede Young and now Adnan. It's unfortunate but in no way should be used as an excuse for our failure to improve our midfield in the summer - which is the main source of the problem now. Hopefully we'll bring in some quality this month.

Also Nerf remains an insufferable twat.

• Like 1

Reputations are starting to precede Young and now Adnan. It's unfortunate but in no way should be used as an excuse for our failure to improve our midfield in the summer - which is the main source of the problem now. Hopefully we'll bring in some quality this month.

Same happened with Suarez. Denied a clear pen against Chelsea but his reputation went against him.

They say to take each incident separately but I don't blame Webb for giving Young nothing.

I wouldn't say it was scandalous but it was definitely worth noting, I'd need to see it again, but I'm happy to see Young get nothing. Moyes is also happy to ignore that welbeck should have been booked for diving, too. Lloris has got even more nuts these days, either pays off wonderfully or goes a little wrong.

Solskjaer confirmed as Cardiff manager.

solskjaer-city-43265-1270528_478x359.jpg

Cardiff City confirm the arrival of Ole Gunner Solskjaer as first team manager

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that Ole Gunnar Solskjær has joined the club as first team manager.

Following discussions with Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Club Chairman Mehmet Dalman, Ole, joining Cardiff City from Molde FK, today met with his new squad at the Vale training ground and will soon be unveiled to the press at Cardiff City Stadium.

Edited by Starvinho

There is an ignore feature :)

• Admin
Solskjaer has joined on a "rolling contract", but it has been suggested earlier in the week that he had reservations about taking the job due to the difficult relationship Malky Mackay had with controversial owner Vincent Tan.
There were also reports his former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had told him to turn Cardiff down, but the 40-year-old insisted the Scot had done no such thing, and had been in touch to wish him the best in his new role.
Solskjaer says: "He has wished me the best and given me some good advice as he always does. I had a good conversation with him. It it absolute nonsense [that he told me to turn down Cardiff]."