The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Really good to see Podolski on the bench today hopefully he's getting back to full fitness and can bolster our attack more, so we're not relying on Bendtner. Fucking Bendtner >_<

• Like 1

No one expected it for us or for Liverpool (except Nerf) but that's the problem I don't want us to sit on our laurels and play it safe. Arsenal can beat Chelsea, they have a good enough team if they can keep their confidence after the recent pounding they've been getting. I want them to go out for a win but no doubt I'll be wishing for a point when we are down three nil at half time <_<

The one were the left back had a little kick earlier was definitely a yellow, as was Mikel's challenge. Commentators saying the ref's made allowances because slide tackles are going to be worse timed in the rain, which is all the better reason to book people for them. It's not been nasty, and he's been consistent in this game, but a bunch of those challenges would be bookings in another game, or even later in the game.

Carragher's response to Neville saying "That tackle's as 50/50 as you can get, they're both coming in the same way, only a yellow card" is to say "No Gary, the only way they can come in for that tackle in these conditions is like that."

That's the strangest way of disagreeing that I've heard in a while.