The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

George McCartney must be gutted his attempt failed.

MOTD didn't show it but he actually dived in two footed towards the end of the game too, I forget who it was on. The dirty bastard must've really wanted Xmas off!

26% say it's our year!

We're going to get demolished by City, hopefully it won't hurt the boys confidence too much... I can't see us winning the title (ManC), but at least CL is looking a real possibility, so hopefully Suarez will stay.

If Suarez is running on god-mode we might even pull a 2-2, 3-3 draw out of city. As long as we don't get routed it's basically a good result, even a narrow loss... as psychologically that is fairly neutral considering how badly some other teams have been slain.

I'd be happy with a draw from both City and Chelsea. That puts us on exactly 2 points per game for the first half of the season which is a fantastic return.

I also agree with Rodgers that it's City's title to lose, but they need to sort out their away form. We're actually more consistent than them home and away. Second place is pretty feasible for us which is crazy.

I'd be happy with a draw from both City and Chelsea. That puts us on exactly 2 points per game for the first half of the season which is a fantastic return.

I also agree with Rodgers that it's City's title to lose, but they need to sort out their away form. We're actually more consistent than them home and away. Second place is pretty feasible for us which is crazy.

I meant to say on the podcast that you guys would be delighted with 5pts from the next 3 games (Cardiff included).

Also, I'll just state here how awesome DavidMarrio was - the guy knows his stuff and is worth the listen for him alone.

Good day of football ahead - hoping for two entertaining matches. I haven't seen much of Southampton live this season so I'm looking forward to it.

I hope you catch them on their off day. They're just so likeable this season; they've got a very talented English squad, young and old, and they have a very sensible manager. Fingers crossed they just don't show up. I'll always back Spurs to win, and I'm really interested in what team we put out, but we definitely didn't need a team like Southampton today.

In fairness they aren't the team they were at the start of the season, we should have beat them were it not for our habitual second half ease off. Lallana will be back in but no Osvaldo and I think a few other injuries.

In fairness, we've hardly been much of a team either. It'll be an interesting one. I think if we go 4-4-2 we'll be in a lot of trouble, and they'll run rings around us, but we'll see. Hearing Lamela might start today which would be very nice, but again, in a 4-4-2, it leaves one flank very weak defensively.

The records keep on breaking.

(1) Luis SUAREZ becomes the first player to score at least TWO goals in FOUR PL matches in a row.

(2) Luis SUAREZ becomes the first player to score 10 Premier League goals in a calendar month – and he’s still got 2 more games after this one!

• Like 1