The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I'm pretty sure AVB would have much rather kept Bale then had to overhaul. I'm pretty sure he read that he wanted a new front line including Hulk, Villa & Benteke to compliment the team he had. Either way, I still have full faith in Lamela, Eriksen & Soldado and we just need the right manager to make it all work. De Boer sounds good to me, but I don't know why he'd leave Ajax mid season for this mess.

It's probably best to ignore HttK when he's involved in anything Spurs related.

I can imagine De Boer wants to get Ajax back to the European threat that they were, which is kind of unrealistic. Still, they will qualify for the CL every year and he will have the support of their fans. Spurs would be a good challenge for him, but it'd represent a risk if he isn't fully confident. It'll be interesting to see where we go. But yeah, HttK's silly.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with him, too. Would be a good test for him to see how he copes with a bigger side, he'd also hopefully not have to fall into the trap that he's fallen into at Swansea and got a little overawed by bigger sides, because we work best when we give 'em a good game. Would also seem like a good mentor for Eriksen and I feel he'd get a lot out of our attacking players.

Though, if De Boer takes the job, do you think Bergkamp would go with him? :shifty:

De Boer to Spurs would not be a ridiculous flight of fancy. Tottenham have a big support base in the Netherlands. We've signed good players who have played for Ajax in the past AND there is the "Yid" link between the two clubs.

A lot of Dutch players and managers want to come to England and he's not the top echelon of management out there.

It's such bullshit the way he's being treated. It seems like Tan has wanted him out for a while and after Malky said that he won't resign then Tan's just gone off on one and isn't pretending that all's well now. I don't know any Cardiff fans who like their owner and this has done nothing to convince them otherwise.

But there is no proof that he's overspent anything. And it just seems convenient that as soon as the owner wants to get rid of Mackay, it turns out that he's overspent drastically. But who signs off on transfers anyway, not the manager for sure. Also, he publically stated that there was £25 million to spend http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22178085 and they didn't spend £40 million in the summer.