The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Eh, it's probably bias, but I don't think it was that bad. I'd need to see it again. Looked very even to me and Mignolet makes the most of it.

We're very poor, and Liverpool are very good, but the ref's giving us nothing. Rightly books Walker for a cynical shirt tug in the middle of the pitch, but doesn't give a penalty when Flannagan does the same to Paulinho in the box. Same with fouls all over the pitch. Still, we deserve to be losing, we've set up a defensive side at home which is getting picked apart. We've got attacking and creative players on the bench, but we've been too scared to start 'em. We need a big second half.

• Like 1

First goal deserved for Liverpool. Second goal against the run of play.

Townsend probably needs to come on.

I wish we actually had defenders playing today, it would have been different.

Also, ref has been very poor towards Spurs today. My Liverpool supporting brother agrees.

I really hope we go for it. I'd like to see Lamela & Townsend on. Lamela has good link-up play with Soldado, and Townsend will be very direct. Paulinho & Dembele are really under-performing, but the pressing game from Liverpool is really, really impressive. The poor defensive line-up is hurting us so much, though.

The fact Liverpool are missing Gerrard probably helps. Our midfield has pace and Spurs are playing a high line and Lloris is exposed.

It was important that Liverpool scored a second before half time though. I wasn't sure they would.

I felt like the way Tottenham were going to get a goal that first half was through Chadli coming in from the left hand side and crossing it or cutting it back in the box. He was the only player for Tottenham who I thought had a good half. Hopefully we will keep up the pressure and continue to attack in the second half cause I always fear us just having a lapse of concentration and conceding a goal because of it.

Dembele is having one of his off days too. When he's poor he's very poor.

I'm not liking this all-Liverpool punditry on Sky today.

Yeah, but one of those three is Souness.

Nobody likes Souness. Not even Liverpool fans.