The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

My love of Adnan Januzaj grows more and more every week.

Nice to see Welbeck staying as a central striker and not constantly popping up on the left side. Someone said Rooney was having a shocker. I actually think we've been really effective with Rooney dropping deeper and allowing Januzaj and Valencia to get forward alongside Welbeck. Rooney has filled some of the space that Cleverley and Giggs are leaving in front of them, by playing so deep.

Confused the hell out of myself there. Went out of the room and missed the Cleverly goal, so I rewound five minutes to watch it. Three minutes later Man Utd get a free kick, which Rooney bends outside the wall, again. Neville then starts telling the same story about Suarez doing it. Realise I'm watching on delay. Oops.

• Admin
Liverpool make one change to the team that beat West Ham last weekend, as Lucas comes into the midfield for injured captain Steven Gerrard. Luis Suarez will skipper the side in Gerrard's absence.
Liverpool starting XI: Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

• Admin
Striker Roberto Soldado retains his place in the Tottenham team after his midweek hat-trick against Anzhi Makhachkala. Jermain Defoe is on the bench, while Sandro also starts alongside Paulinho in midfield as two of the seven changes from that 4-1 win in the Europa League.
Tottenham starting XI: Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Dembele, Chadli; Soldado.