The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

• Admin
Two men have been arrested for posting anti-Semitic tweets referring to Hitler and the gas chambers.
A 24-year-old man from Croydon and a 22-year-old man from Wiltshire posted the comments after Tottenham Hotspur's Premier League match with West Ham on 6 October.
Both men were arrested on suspicion of inciting racial hatred.
Another 48-year-old man was also arrested on 5 December on suspicion of inciting racial hatred.
Police had warned fans before the fixture not to use the word "yid" and said supporters who did so could be committing a crime.
Traditionally Spurs have a large Jewish following and have been the target of abuse from opposition fans, although fans of the club use the term themselves.
West Ham told supporters that anyone caught behaving in a racist, anti-Semitic or homophobic way would be punished to the full extent of the law.

It literally doesn't matter. Hence why it's doing the rounds on Twitter and nobody else really cares.

I'd suggest the reason no one else cares is because its bollocks. If it were true, this story would be all over the place, don't forget 'Tom Daley is a gay' was front page news.

Head of PR for the Premier League and Professional Game Match Officials Philip Dorward on Twitter: Referee change for Aston Villa v Manchester United match on Sunday. Lee Mason replaces Chris Foy, who still has hamstring twang.
wtf is a twang??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgbcQIT7BMc

?

• Like 2

I hope there's a connection between that and him allegedly handing in a transfer request

There isn't. It's already been confirmed that noted incredibly insider of all stuff and well known United lover Mark Lawrenson was talking absolute shite.

Van Persie did it in the CL game when he took a corner. Possibly rushed back too fast after his recent injury. A blow but it opens the door for both Hernandez and Kagawa to stake a claim.

Oh my God. I can't believe I watched that and didn't notice a thing. I remember that twanger thing so well.

Are you sure? Hasn't it been pretty much confirmed that 'episode' was never broadcast and just filmed for a laugh?