The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

This week, according to the papers, Luis Suarez shopping in Covent Garden = moving to Chelsea or Arsenal.

So what does that mean when John Terry was spotted shopping in Poundland?

I've been to London a few times. Nerf to Spurs! Think of the matches!

The Hull owner has indeed applied to the FA over the name change, and offered unhappy fans a refund on their season ticket - "if you aren't happy, fuck off" basically.

We found out last week that what he actually means is "All who disagree should go and die", basically.

Weren't those his exact words?

Yup, which is why I said it :P

The Hull owner has indeed applied to the FA over the name change, and offered unhappy fans a refund on their season ticket - "if you aren't happy, fuck off" basically.

We found out last week that what he actually means is "All who disagree should go and die", basically.

Weren't those his exact words?

Yup, which is why I said it :P

Bit confused with the quotation marks and use of the word basically. :P

It's hard to recognize the difference between it being a quote, or saying it sarcastically like when for example you talk about pirating music/software you'd say "buying" it.

FOOTBALL - YOUNG WON'T CHANGE WAYS

Ashley Young remains unapologetic in the face of accusations of diving and has claimed it is up to referees to deal with him.

The Manchester United winger revealed both Sir Alex Ferguson and his successor David Moyes have had words with him about his frequent tumbles in the penalty area, but he does not seem ready to change his ways.

"It's been talked about by the previous manager and the current manager, but that's in-house," Young said in several newspapers.

"I'm not going to comment on what's been said. I understand what you're saying (about gaining a reputation) and everyone is going to have their say on it, but the referees are giving decisions and that is where I think it lies."

Anyone else hearing rumours that Mourinho wants Rodgers as his assistant manager? Apparently Brendan has been spending a lot of time in Chelsea recently.

Heard nothing like that. Seems entirely silly.

Not the silliest rumour about Brendan Rodgers that's been going round Twitter today, mind...

Anyone else hearing rumours that Mourinho wants Rodgers as his assistant manager? Apparently Brendan has been spending a lot of time in Chelsea recently.

Heard nothing like that. Seems entirely silly.

Not the silliest rumour about Brendan Rodgers that's been going round Twitter today, mind...

What is?

He's really a black man.

On Ashley Young if I'm refereeing a game he's playing I'm literally giving him nothing in terms of decisions, and I doubt there'd be many folk outside of die hard Man U fans who would criticise that. Utter disgrace, at least Suarez thinks goal before he thinks 'put leg out in completely opposite direction to where I'm going and fall over'.

So Young essentially admits he's a cheat and will continue to cheat. Yup, he's just jumped up the list of players I hate. I'm with Colly, after that I'd give him nothing. Even if it was a stone wall red card I'd use the excuse that I couldn't be sure that he wasn't looking for the foul. And no, it's not because of who he plays for, I'd say the same of any player