The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I'll give you Lukaku (because really, who doesn't struggle against him?) but we've been seriously improved against powerful strikers this year. Defense has had RVP and Benteke in their back pocket so far. It seems to be #10s that have the most luck against us. And set pieces, of course. Just get loads of corners and you'll win.

Edit: also I'm much more confident with Gerrard out. Lucas and Allen will make a nicely balanced pivot and probably Alberto to finish it off if Henderson is out. Super excited for that.

Hahaha, na, we're awful at corners. Like, so bad. Be interesting to see who we play in the number 10 role. I still wanna see Lamela get a shot there, but it'll likely be Holtby, although I think he could operate deeper. Be a good game either way.

A big reason for Liverpool not keeping clean sheets is the fact that Rodgers has kept rotating center backs (and recently the CB he has continuously played has been scoring own goals for fun). I'd be quite happy for Sahko and Skrtel to play together again against Spurs. Just for a settled defense especially since the midfield will be rotating.

While we're on the tenous subject of Newcastle and the media, Mike Ashley has told all national and local media that they will have to pay to interview our players and staff.

To whit, yesterday a few players visited the local children's hospital to hand out gifts and there was no press there to report because he'd banned them all.

Good work Mike, you keep up that PR juggernaught you've got going for you. :(Y):

The Hull owner has indeed applied to the FA over the name change, and offered unhappy fans a refund on their season ticket - "if you aren't happy, fuck off" basically.

We found out last week that what he actually means is "All who disagree should go and die", basically.

The Hull owner has indeed applied to the FA over the name change, and offered unhappy fans a refund on their season ticket - "if you aren't happy, fuck off" basically.

We found out last week that what he actually means is "All who disagree should go and die", basically.

Weren't those his exact words?