The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I'm interested to see what the pundits think about that pen, its unfortunate for the defender but its a definite for me. He (not going to guess the spelling...) does what every good attacking player (i.e. not Papiss Cisse) should do and gets his body between ball and defender, and the defender naively tries to go for it. If it was my team I'd be screaming for it, and the lack of much protest sums it up for me.

I feel he (silly name) throws himself into the man and that's why there's contact. Nothing to do with a tackle, it's the attacker making the contact.

He puts himself in the line of the defender but there's nothing wrong with that, Bacuna then comes running through. It's not as if they're both standing around a dead ball, Bacuna doe commit to getting a ball that he just isn't going to get without going through his man first.

Bacuna could have stopped and not ran through the back of him. He showed a lack of awareness of what was happening.

Not saying it is a stonewall penalty, just that Bacuna made a clumsy challenge and I can see why the penalty was given. Soft, for sure.