The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Fucking hell. We didn't play that well, a draw might have been more fair, but man, we needed that so much. Cracking three points, but still glaring holes in the side. We're a bit too predictable, we're still missing obvious opportunities, and the chemistry's not quite there, but hopefully this is the start of a good run here. I thought Lamela was really good tonight, and I hope he starts again on Saturday. Cracking goal by Holtby.

I hope Moyes receives the same kind of bad press AVB did for being 9th, purely in the interest of fairness. He doesn't deserve it at all, but it'd be nice if the press were consistent. Cracking that we're up to 6th and just shows how crazy the league is this year.

• Like 3

We're only three points off Liverpool and Everton and they're the toast of the league.

I couldn't believe that we went behind as, a couple of moments aside, Spurs were getting better and better. Very glad we kept fighting and scored two lovely goals to win.

The substitutions were the right men at the right time.

Lloris: brilliant

Walker: good

Vertonghen: great of course

Dawson: okay

Chiriches: Cult legendary status virtually assured

Capoue: fair enough return

Lennon: the heartbeat of the team

Sandro: usual Sandro

Paulinho: continues to impress with everything but his final touch....as and when it comes we'll be laughing

Lamela: really really lovely footwork, passing and movement

Defoe: good hustle, poor finishing

Holtby: decent with a lovely goal

Chadli: decent enough, brought options

Townsend: ran around