The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I don't think anyone can deny that we played so, so much better than we have in recent games.

We're still two points off the top.

We have the opportunity to beat Liverpool at the Bridge next week.

Colour me satisfied.

Liverpool are top at Xmas? Jesus, we'll never hear the end of it...

We will when we overtake them next week. :shifty:

It's a weird one - it is 50/50, but the fact that one player got the ball and one player missed it means it becomes a dangerous tackle.

However, fuck Carragher! Never a red!

The rule is so bloody confusing, it was two men going for a loose ball and as both committed to the lunging studs up challenge neither knew who was getting it. In this confusing world of 'intent' and forcefulness, and the fact it doesn't matter if you get the ball first or indeed the man at all, I think both should've been sent off. :shifty:

Eh, we'll see. I'm ready to back him. It's no ideal, it's not what I'd have chosen, but now he's manager, let's see what he does. Like players and other manages, he'll need time, but as long as he shows he's got a bit more about him than Redknapp v.2 then I'm happy. At least he seems like a good man motivator, so that'll go so far.

As expected I'll take the point. Disappointed cos I still feel we were capable of winning but it's better than nothing. We can take positives that we never got beat and we can hang around at the top even after the tougher games so I suppose (IF I HAVE TO) I'm happy.