Football Manager 2014

Dan

Qualified for the Champions League (H)

Only have 2 home grown at the club players :(

Resign Andy Carroll from the Championship :/

Scores on his re-debut against Sporting CP (H)

Well I'm on Vita...so classic.

We're into January and I'm second, one poibt behind Man Utd and 17 points ahead of a midtable Arsenal.

I've lost 1 game in 22 but have a horrible run of Man Utd away, Liverpool away in the FA, Villa away, Chelsea home and Liverpool home.

It's the central poibt of my season......and I've just had a January transfer offer for Bentaleb! Wahey!

My starting 11 has sorted itself now. Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Lescott/Robinson, Sandro, Paulinho, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela and Soldado.

Eriksen won the "Golden Boy" award which was nice. Soldado is league top scorer.

I was dicking about on FM 12 last night and downloaded a bunch of additional leagues. Now I am trying to think of a place to start where I can assemble a squad that includes a few aging free-transfers. Namely Robbie Fowler and Jari Litmanen. :shifty:

Decided to restart as Leicester last night, using a trio of formations to try and keep teams on their toes...

Formation 1: 4-2-3AM-1

Played up the wings primarily, with an AMC to provide support for the striker on those occassions where breaking through the middle is able. Generally my "go to" formation for playing at home as it focuses on attack (though I usually play control because of the lack of a DM to prevent counters).

Formation 2: 4-1DM-2-2AM-1

Pulls back the AMC and really focus on the wings. Generally used when I'm up by a goal or two and trying to hold a lead, or facing a team where they have good pace and I'm away, so the DM can provide counter prevention. Largely I'll switch the tactics to exclusively focus on the wings and have a striker who can hold the ball so the AML/AMR can join in.

Formation 3: 4-1DM-2-1AM-2

The "down the middle" formation, for when a team has a skinny pitch or plays a boring 4-4-2, so that I can outnumber them through the middle and flow straight through to the forwards. Thankfully my AMR/AML are mostly also strikers, so I have no issues switching to this if the opposition changes tactics mid-match. This is the tactic I pull out if the first two are failing as a "last gasp" effort, but I'll also throw it out in cup matches in order to build preparation as well as giving my strikers that extra game.

All formations playing very fluid with all roles in their basic form, unless I'm trying to do something really specific (which generally only happens mid-match, at which point I'll go rigid), fast pace, and short balls (direct comes out if we're continually losing the ball to stupid passes, but it's not happening often).

Currently lying in 3rd, despite a start to the season of 9 games out of 9 won (I proceeded to lose a bit of flow, losing two matches and drawing three out of ten) My one issue at the minute seems to be conceding corners, I really don't understand how they're meant to be set up. Does anyone have a guide, or better yet something I can just import and go? :shifty: