FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Don't like several aspects so far. The physics engine, to me, kind of sucks. I seem to constantly get thrown off the ball, with it looking like clear fouls, but nothing happens. The skill tricks won't do a damn thing to get by people, and whenever a player cuts in, seems to be on a magnetized line to the defender so he loses the ball. Plus, no matter what I do, my players will not go to a pass, but wait for it, so a defender can step in front instead.

Good grief I'm bad at this demo. Granted I haven't played 13 for months but still. My first touch seems to be particularly terrible, are you supposed to press any of the close control buttons when you receive it? Also, what's the button for overhead kicks? :shifty:

That said, I do like the changes to pace. Defenders can now keep up as long as you keep the attacker on the right side, while if you manage to beat a man you actually get away from him. I kind of like the chaotic collision engine too.

I really liked the demo - for the same reasons you've mentioned - but it wasn't enough to get me to buy it.

What with playing Madden, about to be playing GTA V an irresponsible amount and the PS4 on the horizon, I figure I'll wait until next year.

I'd be getting FIFA anyway, but after playing against my friend a few times I'm really excited. I never play against the CPU so I didn't enjoy it at first but human vs human is great, the shooting is a whole lot better and as people have said, play movement and strength is 100x better.

I am in love with the demo. Soooo much more realism than 13 with what seems like the simplest of changes. The slower pace is great, as is the reliance on having to keep possession and create opportunities. No more exploiting pace, something EA has needed to address for years.

Love the shooting, scored of couple of goals that just looked really realistic. It almost doesn't feel like Fifa. Kind of a cross between Fifa and PES which is no bad thing.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about how hard it is to dribble past defenders. I've noticed that its now more about body position and momentum. Making a quick turn inside and wrong footing your marker, is much more effective than trying to blitz by him with pure speed. It also depends on who you're controlling. With Messi and Neymar its pretty easy. But control Busquets and you're seldom gonna beat 3 men and smash one into the top corner from 25 yards. As it should be.

Not even trying PES this year. Nothing about it really grabs my attention and Fifa has really hooked me with the demo.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I've only played my friend, so I don't really know if I'm taking advantage of the new features, but I'm really enjoying how much more realistic it feels. I like that you can get wrong-footed, and that everything isn't as easy as last year. It'll take some getting used to, but so did last year when I think about it. Really looking forward to seeing how pro clubs all works out.

Notable cards: Raul Albiol, Fabio, Rafael, Olof Mellberg (BEARD), Jonas Gutierrez

Plus Ashley Williams and Leon Britton from Swansea so I've already got a start on my usual gold Prem team.

Or more like a mix of silver/gold caus I think I want to have some Hull guys in there because Huddlestone and George Boyd.