2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA should get a team before London, and a lot if players have already come out and said they wouldn't be happy playing overseas. The talk is just Goodell being Goodell.

On the subject of Goodell, how do commissioners lose their jobs and is there anyway we can expedite the process?

Commissioners work for the owners, so good luck.

See: Gary Bettman.

Jags have traded OT Eugene Monroe to Baltimore for "multiple draft picks" according to various twitter sources

The Jaguars may get their quarterback in this years draft, but he's gonna have a hard time staying on his feet.

LT is a position we had talent at and Monroe is out of contract at the end of this season so I'm happy with 2 mid round picks. Means we have 10 draft picks so far, would be nice if we can get a couple more. This will be our new GMs first proper draft (he took over before the 2013 draft but kept the previous scouting team etc for it) and it'll shape the teams future more than any.

Right thing to do. They weren't going to get anything for him with him being in the last year of his contract. I'm sure he'll latch on somewhere with the injuries sure to pile up on some franchise.

I think Geno Smith is pretty good actually

He could've fooled me!

The Browns are really hot on Hoyer and he's given them no reason not to be, couple this with the fact that they have a first round pick on the depth chart too I can't see them moving for Freeman now.

Geno has been erratic at best this season and the only reason he's starting is because Sanchez went down hurt. For all intents and purposes he couldn't beat Mark Sanchez out for the starting position. Still I genuinely don't see the Jets going for him either though, there's not too many fits around the league unless somebody gets hurt.

Yep. Released. No, no, let's not try to get something for this first round quarterback, who's put up either the second or third best numbers in team history during his tenure, who threw for over 4,000 yards last year. Nope. Get rid of him.

I only hope as a Buccaneer's fan that Schiano's ass is next, along with the entire offensive coaching staff. Sadly, this means Dave Wansted will probably take over in that event.

WELL, my team's fucked :( .

Is Freeman really that much of an upgrade over either of their quarterbacks? I don't get super-excited over Christian Ponder, but he's got to be better than Freeman in his state of mind. I'd take GORDON Freeman under center in Minnesota, but not Josh.