2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the spotted empty seats in a better area?

You might have seen me, I was wearing a black Jags jersey with Joeckel on it.

Just got home, hardest drive of my life :D.

Any idea when they're announcing next years 3 games?

I don't think I did see you. I said to Ad I saw an MJD shirt and he said it might have been you. But I pointed out that you are neither bald or black...AFAIK.

I was wearing a blue Cutler jersey, saw a couple of other Cutlers, one orange, one blue and one throwback. Not bad. It was cool walking up the steps to the tube station, just this sea of NFL jerseys from almost every team, some college ones out there as well.

Yeah, same, particularly on the Tube journey up. I'm still not convinced there even was a Brown to be seen. Saw somebody in a London Monarchs jersey and an Amsterdam Admiral, and you have to respect somebody that old-school. Certain I was unique there, though - Ravens, road jersey, Todd Heap's name and number. You at the game next month as well?

There is no sadder collection of jerseys than those worn by Browns fans. I saw them play the Cowboys last year and their fans travel well, but oh god are those jerseys depressing.

Maybe the spotted empty seats in a better area?

You might have seen me, I was wearing a black Jags jersey with Joeckel on it.

Just got home, hardest drive of my life :D.

Any idea when they're announcing next years 3 games?

I don't think I did see you. I said to Ad I saw an MJD shirt and he said it might have been you. But I pointed out that you are neither bald or black...AFAIK.

I was wearing a blue Cutler jersey, saw a couple of other Cutlers, one orange, one blue and one throwback. Not bad. It was cool walking up the steps to the tube station, just this sea of NFL jerseys from almost every team, some college ones out there as well.

Yeah, same, particularly on the Tube journey up. I'm still not convinced there even was a Brown to be seen. Saw somebody in a London Monarchs jersey and an Amsterdam Admiral, and you have to respect somebody that old-school. Certain I was unique there, though - Ravens, road jersey, Todd Heap's name and number. You at the game next month as well?

Saw a couple of Ravens roadies, no Heaps though. And one Oaksale or something, presumably he got his own name done. I saw a Monarchs jersey, but it was the rubbish one with all the stupid squares and massive logo, almost like a hockey jersey. Didn't say any proper old ones. Did see Rhein Fire and Barcelona Dragons represented too, always cool to see. Sadly couldn't afford to see both games this year, and figured Vikings/Steelers was less likely to be a miserable blowout (sorry Dan).

If I were a Browns fan, I'd stick to Jim Brown throwbacks. Nothibg else would be worth a damn.

Bernie Fucking Kozar. I would also accept Earnest Byner. He seemed pretty good on the old highlight tapes I have. Barring the old fumble at the goalline in the AFC Championship thing.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I think the Wembley games illustrate why a London franchise wouldn't work. As we were saying, virtually every NFL team was represented this weekend, and I've heard accents from all across the country. I just don't see people giving up their current allegiances for a new team that would probably be terrible for its first few years. I also doubt how regularly people would be willing to make the trip to London.

There's also a loads of people coming from all over Europe, including planes full of people from Ireland the times we went over. Probably even more from Germany.

2 games is more than enough, maybe more if they spread it around Europe

LA should get a team before London, and a lot if players have already come out and said they wouldn't be happy playing overseas. The talk is just Goodell being Goodell.

LA should get a team before London, and a lot if players have already come out and said they wouldn't be happy playing overseas. The talk is just Goodell being Goodell.

On the subject of Goodell, how do commissioners lose their jobs and is there anyway we can expedite the process?

• Like 3

I have a feeling we won't get rid of Goodell until he's six feet under.

It may come sooner than you think.

No. My friends and I have not contemplated doing everybody else the favor of taking him out. Never. :shifty:

According to Terrell Suggs, Goodell is a Niners fan and conspired to turn the lights out at the Super Bowl so they could come back.

Yes, he really did say that bullshit.