2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lions recent string of luck with WRs has continued.

Nate Burelson was in a car accident this morning and broke his arm. He was distracted by pizzas falling off of the front seat of his car. Yes, I'm serious. Its a huge blow because we're already thin at WR, and Nate was off to a very good start, not too mention he is a great leader for this team. Un fucking believable.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9715810/detroit-lions-wr-nate-burleson-breaks-arm-car-crash

With all that said, I'm glad it wasn't alcohol or drug related.

It does open the window for Broyles, but beyond him, we're pretty slim at the WR spot. Kris Durham is not very good, and Michael Spurlock is purely a return man.

Maybe it's time for Brandon Pettigrew to step up, on paper we should have three good TE's, and the RB's can catch, but WR is paper thin right now.

I haven't seen a Lions game this year so I can't comment on how they were using him before he got hurt but I'd think that once Bush gets back, they'll run a lot of packages that have him and Bell on the field at the same time. You're definitely thin at WR but that doesn't necessarily mean that you lack people to throw to. Still, picking up a WR would be wise.

He's in the final year of his contract and is not even close to being worthy enough to be tagged so even if a new contract is agreed with a new team I'd say his trade value is very minimal.

I still feel he's a good starter in the league, a fresh start would do him good. Add him to some team like the Vikings and they're better immediately.