2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

And a convenient injuries for the Bills gives them an extra timeout.

You and about 95% of football "fans" still don't understand the rules. The clock obviously stops for the injury, but under two minutes if the team doesn't have any timeouts left, the refs wind the clock once the ball is spotted and play is ready. So the fact fans boo for injuries, fake or not, in these situations, is absolutely tasteless. Faking injuries in a no huddle offense is one thing as the pace slows down, but faking an injury this late in the game with no timeouts doesn't make sense as the clock still continues to run either way.

That may be true, but it still creates enough a stoppage for at least something to come from the coaches and the QB. And as far as booing, who cares? I was at Bucs playoffs game in '97, against the Lions. Scott Mitchell went down late in the 4th quarter. Partly because the Bucs were absolutely shutting the Lions down (Mitchell had 10 completions for 78 yards) and the consensus was that he just wanted out, but also because a week earlier Reggie Brown got completely fucked up in a game against the Jets. Mitchell ended up having a concussion, but hey, we were in the stands, how were we supposed to know?

But yeah, if I think the player's faking, I'll boo the motherfucker. :shifty:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Reggie Brown and Scott Mitchell. Those are fucking names in Lions history, both part of our sordid history in their own way.

Reggie Brown was especially sad, he was a promising young linebacker, looked like he may have been a stud and then he had that awful injury. That game also happened to be the game that Barry Sanders went over 2000 yards for the season. And Scott Mitchell....the fact that up until Matt Stafford he was the Lions most prolific QB statistically speaking tells a lot about our dire QB situation since Bobby Layne.

Wow, Reggie Brown and Scott Mitchell. Those are fucking names in Lions history, both part of our sordid history in their own way.

Reggie Brown was especially sad, he was a promising young linebacker, looked like he may have been a stud and then he had that awful injury. That game also happened to be the game that Barry Sanders went over 2000 yards for the season. And Scott Mitchell....the fact that up until Matt Stafford he was the Lions most prolific QB statistically speaking tells a lot about our dire QB situation since Bobby Layne.

You didnt get throttled as bad as the Steelers! :w00t::w00t: :w00t: :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

dancingpanda.gif

Brandon Marshall could have done better, but now I have a realistic shot at beating Maxx tomorrow night; Wes Welker for him, Denver's defense for me. Oh, I hope Oakland plays the same way they did in their last Super Bowl.

You didnt get throttled as bad as the Steelers! :w00t::w00t: :w00t: :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

dancingpanda.gif

Brandon Marshall could have done better, but now I have a realistic shot at beating Maxx tomorrow night; Wes Welker for him, Denver's defense for me. Oh, I hope Oakland plays the same way they did in their last Super Bowl.

Sorry I'm rooting for Maxx. I need Denver D to fail and fail badly

dancingpanda.gif

No problem. Let me give Rich Gannon a call....

dancingpanda.gif

And after all those nice things I said about you :(

dancingpanda.gif

And after all those nice things I said about you :(

I would totally root for you if you werent playing me :P

• Like 1

You're counting a defense to score 13 points, which isn't very common, just to get to a tie, without Wes Welker even scoring a single point. Good luck with that.