2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as an Eagles fan...and someone who both owns an Akers jersey and was mistaken for him...I've always liked Akers. If a team doesn't pick him up, I'd like the Eagles to sign him just to retire as an Eagle

Cards have released Strong Safety Adrian Wilson after 12 years with the team :(. Definitely an outstanding player on his day and I'm sure someone looking for an experienced secondary player will pick him up.

VIKINGS AGREE TO TRADE HARVIN TO SEAHAWKS

The star wideout will be dealt to Seattle for draft picks pending Harvin passing a physical, NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports.

Nice pickup for the 'hawks, wonder what picks? A second and fourth is my guess.

Edit:

Any trade between MINN and SEA for Percy Harvin, which still is being finalized, is expected to include Seahawks' 2013 first-round pick.

I'd assume that they'll have already have a long-term deal ironed out if they're going to be giving up that much for him. Good move if they don't have to pay him that much and he stays healthy.

Wow that is a big move, Seattle is betting the farm.

It's a damn good move. Harvin managed to be an extremely productive wideout with the Vikings QBs, he's going to be lethal with a competent QB, especially in an offense that likes to use the read option.

Rich get richer. Anquan Boldin to San Francisco for a sixth rounder.

That's a trade that puzzles me. I thought Boldin said he would retire if he wasn't a Raven, next year? If that is true, San Francisco might be a little dumb, but if he stays in the league, with or without Moss, San Francisco is going to have one hell of a receiving crew.

I think it's pretty obvious he won't be retiring if the 49ers accepted the deal. And getting traded for such a low pick is such an insult to Boldin that he's going to be looking to take some measure of revenge against the Ravens. Tough situation.

Saw somewhere on Twitter that the Harvin/Seahawks trade is for a 1st and 7th this year, and a mid-rounder next.

Also saw a quote from Giants ownership that they made a substantial offer to Victor Cruz, but that if someone wants to pay him a bunch of money, they won't match. He's got the first round RFA tender.

VIKINGS AGREE TO TRADE HARVIN TO SEAHAWKS

The star wideout will be dealt to Seattle for draft picks pending Harvin passing a physical, NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports.

Nice pickup for the 'hawks, wonder what picks? A second and fourth is my guess.

Edit:

Any trade between MINN and SEA for Percy Harvin, which still is being finalized, is expected to include Seahawks' 2013 first-round pick.

YEAHHHH BITCHES WE GOT PERCY HARVIN!!!

Who is he?

• Like 2

Eh, Baltimore will be alright I think. Boldin was good in the playoffs, but showed this season that he's on the decline a bit. I don't want to get into how much of that was Cameron's fault or anything, but, as a guy who's always liked Boldin, he can be replaced in that offense.

Depending on what else they do in FA/re-signing guys, I could see them targeting one of Tennessee's receivers - Justin Hunter or Cordarrelle Patterson - in the draft

Getting Boldin is an interesting counter-punch to the Harvin to Seattle trade and I'm willing to give the 49ers front office the benefit of the doubt but there must be a couple more moves coming since they are stacked with draft picks (14 now) and not a lot of cap room.