2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit the craziest thing happened in a draft I did today. I had the #2 pick, my friend had #3. Took Martin. Friend took Charles, making me breathe a sigh of relief as I was sweating the Martin/Spiller decision. My friend got logged out of Yahoo before his 2nd pick, and it autodrafted him James Laurinaitis. He got back in to take AJ Green 3rd and Frank Gore 4th, but then he got logged out again and it just loaded up his team with defensive players. He didn't have pre-draft settings, but autodraft just took D players instead of the top player available.

Kinda sucks, really. He was the league champion last year. Now he knows he has little chance of repeating unless he is an absolute wizard with the waiver wire.

Dunno. My friend and I tried to start a league last year, couldn't get enough interested people to join to make it worthwhile, so we just joined a preexisting league that was already active. Didn't know the settings going in but it happened to be IDP. While I prefer D/ST, I don't mind IDP. IDP can be fun unless you're too lazy to pay attention to the league's scoring system. When you're in a league fully aware of how the defensive players get points, it's really fun. Public league IDP would be horrendous though I'd bet.

Can a move that keeps Mark Sanchez from being your starting QB really be considered a bad move?

Only if you're willing to not play Geno Smith too. Anyone who watched Smith play in college knows he can't do shit against teams that actually play defense.

It's time for his boy, McElroy!

If you need someone to throw slants and screens and only throw it downfield if the guy is wide-open (and I mean the entire secondary is standing there with their arms out wide saying "who had that guy?!" level of wide-open), then Geno's your guy. I haven't seen him make a decent throw in the intermediate though. Not saying that it hasn't happened - just that I never saw it.

Basically, he's no Kellen Moore

:shifty: