2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took him third overall and am quite content with my team.

EWB's league also inflates QB value. In normal leagues, you really shouldn't take a QB in Round 1.

And considering I was able to get Matthew Stafford in Round 8, I'm not sure it's necessary for EWB either.

I took him third overall and am quite content with my team.

EWB's league also inflates QB value. In normal leagues, you really shouldn't take a QB in Round 1.

This is true. Everything I read prior to the draft had me thinking RBs would go almost exclusively in the first round. Instead, Aaron Rodgers went first overall and Adrian Peterson slid all the way to #4.

OUR SCORING REFLECTS THE STATE OF THE LEAGUE GET WITH THE TIMES.

Seriously, "normal" scoring makes RBs way too important and completely unbalances leagues because there simply aren't enough elite level RBs anymore.

• Like 1

If I had a dollar for every reject I see on Facebook talking smack about preseason football games, I'd have enough to...well, buy a few of you lunch.

You can always tell the real fans from the "RAH RAH GO FOOTBALL" type people. Talking smack about a preseason win? Go football...

I did have fun when this guy was blowing up my news feed with "LOL RAVENS SUCK" when they were down to the Falcons on Thursday. Then our no-name scrubs outplayed their no-name scrubs and the Ravens won. It was the first and only time I openly mocked someone for preseason football in my life.

He deserved it, he felt the need to post about it every 10 minutes.

I don't know, the RBs you draft at second overall are always going to be solid. They may not put up AP numbers but they'll have very good years that will make your team better overall. The drop off from Tier 1 to Tier 2 is too drastic at RB to warrant taking a QB that early when you could've gotten a guy like Stafford later. Stafford, while not in the same class as Brees, puts up similar stats whereas the RB (for argument's sake let's use Green-Ellis) in Stafford's spot doesn't put up nearly the same numbers as say Ray Rice.

That's assuming it's standard scoring, though. With variants to the scoring, that will shift but even then, this year's QB class is super deep and not really worth sacrificing RB that early.

Redskins may have to start the season with Rex Grossman at QB :w00t:

RG3-and-out! :w00t:

• Like 1

Redskins may have to start the season with Rex Grossman at QB :w00t:

Not sure why you're excited, though. Even if it helps the Cowboys, Romo's going to choke a playoff berth away at the end of the season regardless.