2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

I love how the people online who whined about the Ray Lewis coverage before the Superbowl are the same people talking about him now.

Context is key here. The people "whining" about the Ray Lewis coverage didn't feel comfortable with a man who had been charged, although ultimately not convicted with first degree murder being glorifed as some type of hero and having to look at the cute little clips of him dancing on every channel. That clearly isn't the case in talking about him now.

For what it's worth, I have nothing against Ray Lewis. I'm sure as hell glad Baltimore won the Super Bowl, as I'd rather him have a ring than noted sore loser Jim Harbaugh. I believe he's certainly changed a lot since the time of the crime and matured greatly. At the same time, I'm not afraid to make mention of the murder charges, and it's not fair to act like they never happened.

But did he do it?

I think it's possible he could've been more involved than what he was convicted of. The legal system isn't perfect. With that being said, my personal opinion doesn't make a difference, as the stigma will always be there.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame the Patriots for taking him in the 4th a few years back. He had issues but so have so many players, his talent outweighed them at the time. Nobody could've predicted he go all Ray Lewis in a few years.

That's what I meant. There's journalists insinuating that drug use and hanging with bad crowds are clear signposts on the road to murderville, but I'd bet half the league has taken something, and probably the same amount or more have shady friends. I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but it just seems such a reach to bag on them for this. OR, I'm making a bit much of it and it's actually a bunch of media types trying to show off their big brain/penis.

I'm looking forward to what former Gator and Patriot teammate and official spokesman for God, Tim Tebow has to say on this!

If he didn't say anything while all of his teammates were running rampant in Gainesville, I highly doubt he'll say anything now that he's working for Belichick.

Just to draw attention to something that's probably in one of the articles: the victim sent three texts to his sister (Hernandez's fiancé) shortly before he died:

"Did you see who I was with"

"NFL"

"Just so you know"

That last one is just really haunting.

Just to draw attention to something that's probably in one of the articles: the victim sent three texts to his sister (Hernandez's fiancé) shortly before he died:

"Did you see who I was with"

"NFL"

"Just so you know"

That last one is just really haunting.

Actually the victim was seeing the sister of Hernandez's fiancee, but that's not germane to the case.

His appeal for bail was denied. And after executing a search warrant on a condo he leases 25 minutes from his house, 3 boxes of .45 caliber ammo was found. Yea, this really isn't going to end well for him. ..

I'm looking forward to what former Gator and Patriot teammate and official spokesman for God, Tim Tebow has to say on this!

Whatever Belicheck tells him to say.

The Patriot Way, and all that.

Dude reportedly has 'Blood', in red ink, tattoo'd on his hand, so...

He's obviously guilty. He has blood on his hand! :w00t:

Okay, go ahead and throw the tomatoes. That sucked.

angry_rotten_tomato_cartoon_character_ph

• Like 1

I'd lay off the jokes if I were you, Aaron Rodgers just got charged with murder!

/ESPN.

• Like 1

Throw tomatoes, hell. You deserve a good dunking in an industrial size barrel of tomato sauce!

And...I just got up about an hour ago. So any more NFL players been arrested today?

Funny you should say that, a Browns player's been collared for attempted murder.