2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda surprised he got released just with an arrest. Usually teams wait until a guy is convicted.

Even if he was found innocent, you really think Kraft and Belichick want a guy like this around after this whole ordeal?

A guy like what? In that scenario, he'd be innocent so what exactly would be the issue?

I love how the people online who whined about the Ray Lewis coverage before the Superbowl are the same people talking about him now.

Context is key here. The people "whining" about the Ray Lewis coverage didn't feel comfortable with a man who had been charged, although ultimately not convicted with first degree murder being glorifed as some type of hero and having to look at the cute little clips of him dancing on every channel. That clearly isn't the case in talking about him now.

For what it's worth, I have nothing against Ray Lewis. I'm sure as hell glad Baltimore won the Super Bowl, as I'd rather him have a ring than noted sore loser Jim Harbaugh. I believe he's certainly changed a lot since the time of the crime and matured greatly. At the same time, I'm not afraid to make mention of the murder charges, and it's not fair to act like they never happened.

Edited by HeadCheese

And now all those Florida Gators fans can shut the fuck up about Miami. None of Our players ever killed anyone and got caught.

I like how you added "and got caught" as if it's perfectly acceptable for your players to murder people so long as they get away with it.

• Like 1

I love how the people online who whined about the Ray Lewis coverage before the Superbowl are the same people talking about him now.

Context is key here. The people "whining" about the Ray Lewis coverage didn't feel comfortable with a man who had been charged, although ultimately not convicted with first degree murder being glorifed as some type of hero and having to look at the cute little clips of him dancing on every channel. That clearly isn't the case in talking about him now.

For what it's worth, I have nothing against Ray Lewis. I'm sure as hell glad Baltimore won the Super Bowl, as I'd rather him have a ring than noted sore loser Jim Harbaugh. I believe he's certainly changed a lot since the time of the crime and matured greatly. At the same time, I'm not afraid to make mention of the murder charges, and it's not fair to act like they never happened.

But did he do it?

Man, I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but Hernandez hasn't helped himself has he? From what I've read, police requested his phone and he gave ti to them in bits, the specific time frame they wanted footage from his security system was scrubbed and he hired professional cleaners to clean his house up immediately afterwards? He's basically clinging to the fact they've not found the murder weapon yet, right?

I hate the media coverage from guys like Peter King who tweeted "there's a reason he was picked 1125th (or whatever it was)", and all this stuff about the Patriots should have known better.