2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me running, the Niners/Jags game was a fucking evisceration. It was so bad, the people I was with and the guys in our section were cheering like crazy for Jaguars first downs and when the Jags' kick/punt returners actually caught the ball rather than bobbling it. And yeah, it may be against the Jags, but I have no fucking idea how we ever stopped Colin Kaepernick in the Super Bowl.

A lot of cynical Lions fans love trotting that shit out. We have this weird contingent of fans that love to see the Lions fail just so they can say Told ya so. They also have this obnoxious term for any fan with optimism, "slappy". God I hate that.

They've been a joke for over fifty years. They've only made ti to the conference championship once since the merger; something every other team, excluding the Texans, have done at least twice. My dad loves the Lions, but he's not delusional about their possibilities of success.

Fuck me running, the Niners/Jags game was a fucking evisceration. It was so bad, the people I was with and the guys in our section were cheering like crazy for Jaguars first downs and when the Jags' kick/punt returners actually caught the ball rather than bobbling it. And yeah, it may be against the Jags, but I have no fucking idea how we ever stopped Colin Kaepernick in the Super Bowl.

Well we stopped him for 2 1/2 quarters.

WHICH WAS ENOUGH (barely)

A lot of cynical Lions fans love trotting that shit out. We have this weird contingent of fans that love to see the Lions fail just so they can say Told ya so. They also have this obnoxious term for any fan with optimism, "slappy". God I hate that.

They've been a joke for over fifty years. They've only made ti to the conference championship once since the merger; something every other team, excluding the Texans, have done at least twice. My dad loves the Lions, but he's not delusional about their possibilities of success.

There's a difference between being guarded and cautious about the Lions success, and just flat out shitting on anybody's enjoyment of a good win. It's fucking annoying and comes off as petty and bitter. Like I said, it seems some folks would rather be right that Stafford sucks, the Lions sucks, and everybody sucks than sit back and enjoy some success.

• Like 2

Every team has those fans who derive no enjoyment from the team winning and just like to point out all the negatives. It's not even fans of teams that have been struggling for 50 years, it's fans of good teams too who refuse to accept that their team is good. The people who, after a 13-3 season that ended in the Conference Championship, would say things like "this team is just not good enough to win, that's all." They're blind to reality and just love the negativity. They're happy when they get to say "told you so." I'm sure there are Dolphins fans who go "told you that Marino guy couldn't win shit" for example.

After winning the Super Bowl a friend of a friend posted on Facebook that he was not looking forward to 5 more years of Flacco and Harbaugh. People everywhere have no perspective and unless you go 16-0 and win every game 70-0 you're shit.

For me, what I really hate are the folks that are constantly in bed with the football team. There are "The Real Fans". You are not allowed to criticize your team at all. I love the Bucs, but when they shit the bed, I'll call them on it. You're down two touchdowns with seven minutes left. Why in hell are you kicking a field goal? REAL FANS don't call them on it! They blindly accept how shit the team is and that brighter days are on the horizon. And while that may be true, I just find it baffling. I'll enjoy the team when they do something that's worth enjoying. When they're shit, I'll call them on it.

And as far as worth enjoying, it's a chase to the playoffs. If it's a playoff game, it's being competitive in those games. I watched the Bucs lose in 1997 to the Packers in the Divisional Round. They were simply outclassed. Hey, it happens. But it was the first time they were that deep in fifteen years. In 1999 they lost a heart breaker in the NFC Championship to the Rams. We pretty much shut down the offense. In 2000 and 2001 we lost to the Eagles. It was the second lost that cost Tony Dungy his job. And I'll call them on that, because they weren't playing like it was the fucking playoffs, they were playing like it was a regular season game with nothing on the line, and they gave the game to them.

And even if they lose, hey, I'll still enjoy the team as long as they fucking compete and don't do stupid shit. They went something like 4-12 or 5-11 two years removed from the Super Bowl. And I still liked the team, because they were losing by 3 points or less.

So yeah. I hate THE REAL FANS. :shifty:

Stafford is still one of the best young QBs in the league. Comparing him to Montana or Young would be foolish but it's not like he's Blaine Gabbert either.

That argument also disregards everything that Rice did as nothing more than being a product of those QBs and that's just bullshit.