2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

Reggie Wayne has a torn ACL, as has Sam Bradford.

:bang:

Fucking hell.

Anybody else think it's weird that Bud Adams died days after Bum Phillips?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, they're going to have to move on from him at some point in the next couple of years.

They were real wise to trade away the pick for RG3.

Yeah, that trade is just bonkers to look at in hindsight. They got more picks to add more talent to the team but it's also put them in a good position to get a franchise guy regardless with an incredibly strong QB class coming out next year.

Nope, they're going to have to move on from him at some point in the next couple of years.

They were real wise to trade away the pick for RG3.

Yeah, that trade is just bonkers to look at in hindsight. They got more picks to add more talent to the team but it's also put them in a good position to get a franchise guy regardless with an incredibly strong QB class coming out next year.

They'll likely luck into everything being fine anyway. They could reasonably release Bradford and have another team grab him to lessen some of the cap hit (I believe that's how it works). Nobody would trade for Sam and that whole, absurd contract. But someone would definitely sign him for less money.

But then again, they might convince themselves again that Bradford is their guy. And that would be a terrible mistake to make with the new rookie scaling.

Oh, I think Bradford's done. He had to prove a lot this year and I don't think he proved anything other than the fact that he's injury prone. With how deep the QB class is next year, they'd be foolish not to draft his replacement. I could see a Geno Smith/Mark Sanchez situation where Bradford remains on the roster but I think the days of him as a starter are done.

Bradford has played well this year. Injuries aside he's a good quarterback. Not even close to being worth his contract but that was just a victim of the insane rookie deals that were being thrown about pre-CBA. He's been much better than RG3 this year too.

He's likely done in St. Louis but he'll do well for himself on the open market with another team.

Yeah, he'd be serviceable on a team that is already somewhat assembled. He's the wrong guy to be dealing with the Rams rebuild, unless everyone involved wants to piss his career away.

If Freeman bumbles in Minnesota the first person they call will be Bradford.

The best fit would be Cleveland where the defense is young and good and they have good young receivers as well, on top of that a lot of draft picks this year. They wouldn't have to spend one on a QB and, given that wherever Sam goes he's going to cost a ton less, it would be a safe pick-up for them instead of hedging their bets on an unproven rookie. Again, if Bradford stays healthy which has been a problem.

Well, Hoyer had a few big games, so I expect him to get a raise and be the starter next season. It's how the Browns traditionally handle the QB position.