2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Eli keeps playing this badly, Bridgewater becomes more of a possibility every week. If the scouts aren't absolutely in love with Clowney, I'd definitely pull the trigger on the QB and phase Eli out Favre-Rodgers style

If I know anything about Giants ownership and Jerry Reese, they will not spend their 1st round pick, particularly in a super deep draft class, on a QB. They'd sooner trade down and get a huge haul for a team that is planning on starting Bridgewater immediately. They aren't gonna put their 2 time Super Bowl MVP in a position where everybody is clamoring for the new guy the second he throws an INT. It's not the Mara/Tisch style to do that. If Eli were a couple of years older it'd make more sense to do the Favre/Rodgers thing understanding Eli could retire at any time, but he'll be 33 next year. He probably has 4-5 years left in him. The QB of the future will be drafted in like 2 or 3 years, not now.

The Giants badly need help at DE since Tuck is pretty clearly done, Kiwanuka is getting on in years, Pierre-Paul is still lingering from the back issue, etc. Without a pass rush, the Giants defensive scheme is just fucked. They need a lot more help at OL as well, and possibly a new WR if they can't re-sign Nicks.

If I know anything about Giants ownership and Jerry Reese, they will not spend their 1st round pick, particularly in a super deep draft class, on a QB. They'd sooner trade down and get a huge haul for a team that is planning on starting Bridgewater immediately. They aren't gonna put their 2 time Super Bowl MVP in a position where everybody is clamoring for the new guy the second he throws an INT.

This is what worries me. If they decide they'd rather a haul of picks instead of Clowney or Bridgewater.

Teddy would so wasted in Pittsburgh's plodding power run offense. Boo this idea.

Nevermind the fact that I don't think that's really been their offense for a few years anyways but a run-first offense is perfect for rookie QBs because they're not asked to do too much. Once he shows that he's adapted to the NFL game, they'll build their offense around him.
  • Like 1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/11/report-petersons-son-beaten-in-critical-condition/

What the hell? Seriously? I'm no Vikings fan but this guy needs to be locked in a room with the entire team if it's true

USA Today has just reported, that it was in fact Adrian Peterson's son that was assaulted, and he's just been taken off life support. :(

He's passed away. How awful. I just can't imagine the mindset you have to be in to do something like that to a child.

And to do it again, the mum's got serious issues too.