2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elam was who I went in to today expecting the Ravens to draft. I got excited with Carradine and Cyprien sitting on the board still, but taking a hard-hittting SS who can shift into a nickel corner when needed is what the Ravens likely always wanted to do.

Anyway I expect Te'o to go to Philly tomorrow. I remember way back when in early mocks he was projected to go to Philly in the 1st. Barkley or Geno will be a Jag. Carradine to Oakland? I have no idea who KC takes.

Doubt the BIlls could've gotten EJ in the 2nd round. He was being scouted heavily by the Eagles, and was projected to be their pick at 4th in the 2nd round.

Him being taken and Geno Smith not makes me fear we'll take Geno in the 2nd round...dammit

I don't think that's true. He left the building before the first round ended but I haven't heard anything about him actually not being there for tomorrow.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it buried on an ESPN story. Kinda surprised they're not making a bigger deal out of it.

I don't think that's true. He left the building before the first round ended but I haven't heard anything about him actually not being there for tomorrow.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it buried on an ESPN story. Kinda surprised they're not making a bigger deal out of it.

Nevermind..was just about to post its on ESPN..but you editted it between me reading and hitting "reply"..

LOL Kevin Kolb ... really sucks to be him.

HOWEVER, I'm really happy about the EJ Manuel pick for Buffalo. They're addressing the issue (whether or not it works is irrelevant at this time) and that shows that they're making the effort. 1st rounder ? Well, that was out of necessity. 1 - the QB class is sub-par overall. 2 - they were taking a QB with their first round pick. 3 - He wouldn't have made it to their 2nd round pick. 4 - He's the fit for what they want at QB, more so than any of the others. 5 - they were able to trade down (getting an extra 2nd round pick) and get them a couple extra picks to address the WR/LB/DB issues they have.

Taking everything into account this was an extremely calculated, smart, and worth it pick. Love it.

Also, I love the Texans taking DeAndre Hopkins. Great compliment to Johnson.

How the fuck do guys like Jarvis Jones keep falling to the Steelers ? Jeebus.

3 FSU guys in the first round WOOOOOOOOO ! 2 of them went to Indy and Minnesota <_< shit.

Kaepernick has a lighter skin tone. Maybe we can call him Blackernick.

• Like 2

Did Te'o fall because of the fake GF thing, or was he always seen as a guy in the 2nd round?

Would be cool to see the Bills get him.

No, no it wouldn't.

He seems very Maurice Clarrett - esque (without the piece of trash about him obviously). I don't want the guy in Buffalo.

Apparently Geno Smith is heading home. He has no desire to go out on stage as a second rounder.

I get that he's disappointed, but that is poor form.

Given the public shaming the NFL put him through last night I can't blame him for going home. After the 16th pick they should have taken aside and put him in a private room, or at least mandated they not constantly show him on camera. These guys are human beings at the end of the day, not camera fodder.

Did Te'o fall because of the fake GF thing, or was he always seen as a guy in the 2nd round?

Would be cool to see the Bills get him.

He fell because he can't shed blocks and he ran a below average 40.

Also.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9214247/study-shows-more-value-2nd-round-picks-1st-rounders

Interesting study on the value of picks. I think it's been accepted for awhile that 2nd and 3rd round picks are the real value of the draft, but a study that assesses it in more detail is neat. I'm shocked that St. Louis and Cleveland are the worst drafting teams in football.