Star Trek - Into Darkness

Herr Matzat

I dunno, the Enterprise has dealt with Moriarty, surely they can handle Sherlock himself.

• Like 1

I think it's Gary Mitchell, and the blonde in the trailer is Elizabeth Dehner from the episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

I really liked the 2009 Star Trek. It's my second favourite behind Wrath of Kahn. I am excited to see this, and there is a rumour that if the movie does well, a new TV show might come from it.

I read a theory that Abrams is taking liberties and it's a mix of Khan and Gary Mitchell. I have never heard of this Gary guy but does this make sense?

Srar, Gary Mitchell appeared in the episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before", the second episode produced and the first to have William Shatner. Originally a friend of Kirk's (and helmsman, he, along with Elizabeth Dehner, gained god-like powers until Kirk managed to best (and kill) him. Dehner was a bit more gracious.

But yeah, I guess it would make sense, so long as it's not a new character :shifty:

Why I believe it's Mitchell (pictures in the spoiler tag as a size courtesy)

Elizabeth Dehner from "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

640px-Dehner-nohit.jpg

Alice Eve's character from the movie:

ALICE-EVE_STAR-TREK-INTO-DARKNESS_.jpg

That and BC's character wears a uniform; this would seem to indicate Mitchell, but Khan also wore one in "Space Seed".

I read a theory that Abrams is taking liberties and it's a mix of Khan and Gary Mitchell. I have never heard of this Gary guy but does this make sense?

Srar, Gary Mitchell appeared in the episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before", the second episode produced and the first to have William Shatner. Originally a friend of Kirk's (and helmsman, he, along with Elizabeth Dehner, gained god-like powers until Kirk managed to best (and kill) him. Dehner was a bit more gracious.

But yeah, I guess it would make sense, so long as it's not a new character :shifty:

640px-Dehner-nohit.jpg

That and BC's character wears a uniform; this would seem to indicate Mitchell, but Khan also wore one in "Space Seed".

I don't think it's a new character as I've heard it's definitely a character from previous Star Trek canon. Gary Mitchell makes the most sense with the casting of Alice Eve who could be Dr. Elizabeth Dehner. Then again she could also be Lt. Marla McGivers from Space Seed but she definitely resembles Dehner.

However, Gary Mitchell didn't posses superhuman strength or agility but Khan did. Since this is an alternate time-line though I think it's Gary Mitchell.

As long as he's better than Eric Bana's character Captain Nero, I don't care who he is.

Ah, but Marla McGivers was a redhead and wore red!

Yes, she was and she did wear red but remember this is an alternate universe they can do whatever they want.

But doing so would piss off the fan base completely :shifty:

Guys, a quick google shows me this for Gary Mitchell in the Alternate reality...

The Gary Mitchell from the alternate reality created by Nero appears in the first two issues of the IDW Star Trek series; having been assigned to the Enterprise on Kirk's request, Mitchell again succumbs to the barrier's influence – a Vulcan mind meld performed by Spock confirms that there is no intelligence in Mitchell after the barrier takes over – but during the confrontation on Delta Vega, while Mitchell is tormenting Kirk, he is defeated when Spock sneaks up on the occupied Mitchell and delivers a Vulcan nerve pinch, incapacitating Mitchell long enough for his real self to take over and ask Kirk to kill him. Mitchell is then "killed" by a phaser blast, his body put into a torpedo tube and blasted into space like Spock in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. The Enterprise leaves Delta Vega's orbit as Mitchell's torpedo tube is left floating in space at the conclusion of this issue.

I know it probably won't stop Directors/Script Writers from going with whatever idea they have. Just think this leans more towards Khan being in this film.

640px-Dehner-nohit.jpg

I don't think it's a new character as I've heard it's definitely a character from previous Star Trek canon. Gary Mitchell makes the most sense with the casting of Alice Eve who could be Dr. Elizabeth Dehner. Then again she could also be Lt. Marla McGivers from Space Seed but she definitely resembles Dehner.

However, Gary Mitchell didn't posses superhuman strength or agility but Khan did. Since this is an alternate time-line though I think it's Gary Mitchell.

As long as he's better than Eric Bana's character Captain Nero, I don't care who he is.

I liked Nero :(

I'm also thinking Mitchell. Due to the Alice pic Mick put up. Was first thing I thought of.

Plus khans genetically altered to be a beast. That guy didn't scream that to me.

Khan_Noonien_Singh,_2267.jpg

Such a beast... :shifty:

• Like 1