Can you pick your one FAVOURITE super hero?

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Batman.

Spiderman's huge to me in terms of childhood and I love characters like Dr. Strange, Captain American, Moon Knight, Gambit (yeah, cos of that animated series) and The Question - but it's ultimately got to be Batman, and I think the films have helped a great deal with that too. It's really tough though, there's a bunch of great heroes.

Also didn't know we had so many The Question fans in here. I need to keep reading his stuff as I stopped a while back, but he's just brilliant - would love to see a film adapation.

As far as The Question goes, for me, he's the perfect Ditko character. I disagree with Ditko's morality and Rand-ian world-view, but it lends itself to some brilliant comic book writing.

Loved Gambit as a kid, also liked Cyclops. The Punisher was an early favorite as well. Captain America is my favorite in a walk, though. Loved that he just threw a shield and then beat motherfuckers up. Never really read comic books, but I did read some mini novels about Captain America fighting the Red Skull, only superhero I ever did that for.

Oh, also Quailman, he's pretty good.

The reason I like the question was because he was a man that had no powers cash or fighting ability, saw a problem that in some way he was responsible for and fixed it. Using only his wits and forethought.

That's respectable.

Batman's actually said if there's a better detective than he, it is the Question. That's a pretty big endorsement.

I am not a comic expert or nerd by any stretch of the imagination but I have always been partial to Batman, because I watched the shit out of the animated series when I was a child, and Hulk because of what I've read and what I've seen and what I've read really intrigues me.

Easily The Punisher.

Though back when my main exposure to comics was the 500 or so my dad had (Most of the vintage ones, except for the Nova ones which I had to practically wear surgical gloves to take out of the bag, are nearly all worthless due to water/rat damage, though I think the X-Men #3 might be in good condition) it was a tie between Spider-Man and The Mighty Magnor.

Agree with the Punisher, always been a huge fan of his.

Though, does Jesse Custer count? He was heroic, and did have a super power. It'd be him actually, if he counts.