Critically Praised Movies you Hated

Your Mom

I seem to recall I liked Chasing Amy the first time I saw it, going so far as to give it an 8/10 or something in the 'what did you watch today?' thread at the time. Then I saw it again and didn't. Who knows what a third watch might bring?! Other than that, I've enjoyed all the Kevin Smith work i've seen which is only the stuff that has Jay and Bob in it.

Going on the stuff I've watched this October and last October for my movie thing, I didn't like Carnival of Souls at all. Last year it was, hate is perhaps a strong word for it but I didn't find Young Frankenstein to be that great outside of Marty Feldman.

2010's True Grit and The Hurt Locker. I fell asleep in the middle of both of these films, they're just dull. No Country For Old Men, the same thing, added to the fact that I didn't get the end.

Agree with hating The Hurt Locker, but I dislike it more for how it's a two-hour YMRA EHT NIOJ fest.

Loved No Country but I got the ending.

Haven't seen True Grit yet.

Clerks - I love Clerks.

MallRats - I really enjoy Mallrats, it's great fun.

Chasing Amy - Quite enjoy Chasing Amy, but yeah - probably less so today than when I first saw it.

Jay and Silent Bob - I'm not a huge, huge fan of the characters - but it's an alright film

Dogma - Brilliant movie.

Clerks 2 - I really, really liked this. I think I saw it an inordinate amount of times in the theatre.

Red State - Fucking AMAZING movie.

And the animated series.. what a show. I'm sad that it only lasted as long as it did.

And I hardly see Smith as someone "not so bright" ESPECIALLY from listening to all of the SMODcasts that he's one. I think it's a good testament of how brilliant he is.

2010's True Grit and The Hurt Locker. I fell asleep in the middle of both of these films, they're just dull.

Finally, years of unwarranted hatred toward the Portuguese and their short-panted Brazilian cousins have been vindicated. True Grit is amazing and you are so, so wrong.

Then again, I'm the guy who liked Nacho Libre, so.

• Like 2