Don't disturb my friend... HE'S DEAD TIRED!

brenchill

Tango and Cash. A million times Tango and Cash.

Also, Commando has the most insane soundtrack in the world. James Horner took one look at that movie and thought "you know what would amp up the tension here? STEEL DRUMS. ALL THE STEEL DRUMS."

Hoooooly shit how did I forget Demolition Man? That's my Mum's favourite film. Ever. I've seen it so, so many times. Though it's from 1993, so it's not actually a cheesy 80s action movie.

Though if we're going into the '90s, it might not count because it's a little too "knowing" and self-aware (I'd argue that Demolition Man is in places too, though, and Tango & Cash definitely is), but Last Action Hero is brilliant if just for Benedict's "If God was a villain...he would have been me."

"You're gonna regret this the rest of your life... both seconds of it."

"Mellow greetings. What seems to be your boggle?"

Simon says, "Die."

Simon says, "Bleed."

"I'm gonna go down there, I'm gonna find Phoenix, and I'm gonna put him in a hurt locker."

T.V. Reporter: [to John Spartan] How can you justify destroying a $7 million dollar mini mall to rescue a girl whose ransom was only $25,000 dollars?

Little Girl: FUCK YOU, LADY!

John Spartan: Ha! Good answer!

Simon Phoenix: You're dead, Spartan!

John Spartan: You forgot to say Simon Says.

A world of wonderful quotes.

• Like 2

Remember how I said I'd kill you last?

THAT'S RIGHT, MATRIX! YOU DID! YOU DID!

DIAZ "Mellow out man. We can't talk business with you waving guns in people's faces. Your daughter is safe, Colonel. Now whether she stays that way is up to you. My people, they got some business with you. And if you want your kid back, then you gotta co-operate, right?"

MATRIX "WRONG!" *BANG*

Commando is a great call. My dad had that film on VHS and I watched it a million times during my childhood. Basically, a lot of the Arnold stuff, really.

"Let off some steam, Bennett!"

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast! And right now, I am very hungry!"

We've been doing an Arnie marathon in my flat, blasted through Commando, T1 and T2 (although the first is quite pun-less, although the second, we've decided, is John Connor teaching Arnie sarcasm and humour), Running Man, Last Action Hero and Eraser. I think LAH and Commando may be his awesome-est movies for ridiculousness. Charles Dance is particularly awesome in the former, and a bit-part from Sir Ian Mckellan isn't too shabby either.

T1 and T2 (although the first is quite pun-less, although the second, we've decided, is John Connor teaching Arnie sarcasm and humour)

You've decided? Isn't that one of the main plot devices of the film?

What makes Commando even better is how everyone plays it so straight even though the lines are hilarious. The violence is quite graphic, too, it's a really odd blend.

Oh, completely this. It's pretty much the last example of a film like Commando being able to exist without a single drop of irony, without a knowing wink to the audience to be found. It's like the perfect storm of action movies.

Also, Cobra doesn't get nearly enough love. It's a classic of bad action movies. Anything with Dolph Lundgren is fine by me, too.

What makes Commando even better is how everyone plays it so straight even though the lines are hilarious. The violence is quite graphic, too, it's a really odd blend.

Oh, completely this. It's pretty much the last example of a film like Commando being able to exist without a single drop of irony, without a knowing wink to the audience to be found. It's like the perfect storm of action movies.

People are literally getting decapitated with saw blades, yet there is still room for the damsel in distress to yell "These guys eat too much red meat!"

Demolition Man was just on tv the other day.

I still remember watching that movie in high school and I love it today, as much as I did then.

The movie's probably a large part of the reason why I have had this massive Sandra Bullock crush for so long. :shifty:

I still remember watching that movie in high school and I love it today, as much as I did then.

The movie's probably a large part of the reason why I have had this massive Sandra Bullock crush for so long. :shifty:

Damn, you're older than GhostMachine.

T1 and T2 (although the first is quite pun-less, although the second, we've decided, is John Connor teaching Arnie sarcasm and humour)

You've decided? Isn't that one of the main plot devices of the film?

Also, Cobra doesn't get nearly enough love. It's a classic of bad action movies. Anything with Dolph Lundgren is fine by me, too.

Is Cobra the flick starring Sylvester Stallone? I always remember his line of "You're the disease, and I'm the cure" before killing off a bad guy. I've always wanted to use that line.

Damn, you're older than GhostMachine.

I'm not sure how old he is.

I'm pretty sure I'm younger than Teej though. :pervert: