Dishonored

apsham

I love that I got an achievement for

giving Slackjaw the art dealer's safe combination after already visiting it and robbing it myself

I hadn't read the achievement list and wasn't expecting it. I just saw an opportunity to be a double-crossing bastard and took it.

Still struggling with the whole stealth thing though. Not because of the game being poor, I'm just not very good at it. Two missions down, 44 dead, 15 unconscious bodies found. Chaos rating still low, though.

I don't get what argument Quom is trying to make, shoplifting/theft is not equivalent to piracy. Whatever, don't care.

• Like 1

I'm in that same mission and now I'm at the...

Golden Cat

which is a very lovely setting for a level actually. Getting there over the rooftops was pretty cool. EVen the game told me proudly that there were many ways to complete the level. I also have a lot to think about with regards to...

Do I kill the brothers or do the art dealer thing and leave them to Slackjaw? On one hand it's all REVENGE and they were in my dream thing holding on to the girl and she's the one I've decided I'm dedicated towards as protector more than any political ideal or whatever. On the other, I'm trying to avoid death where I can so it also fits to NOT kill them. Hmmm.

When I realised that the mission was taking place around the same streets as the last I was initially a little disappointed but it was eeirie to get back and see everything a bit more bleak - more doorways rammed shut, fewer people, more mess, more decay, less hope. Even Granny Rag's place was all boarded up. Wonder if she'll be back?

I'm in that same mission and now I'm at the...

Golden Cat

which is a very lovely setting for a level actually. Getting there over the rooftops was pretty cool. EVen the game told me proudly that there were many ways to complete the level. I also have a lot to think about with regards to...

Do I kill the brothers or do the art dealer thing and leave them to Slackjaw? On one hand it's all REVENGE and they were in my dream thing holding on to the girl and she's the one I've decided I'm dedicated towards as protector more than any political ideal or whatever. On the other, I'm trying to avoid death where I can so it also fits to NOT kill them. Hmmm.

When I realised that the mission was taking place around the same streets as the last I was initially a little disappointed but it was eeirie to get back and see everything a bit more bleak - more doorways rammed shut, fewer people, more mess, more decay, less hope. Even Granny Rag's place was all boarded up. Wonder if she'll be back?

If you went in through a certain entrance, she's moved her place to living in a side street underneath a bridge. This is especially jarring since I.. you know.. killed her.

Yeah I ran into her as I left the Golden Cat through the VIP entrance. Her living conditions are certainly getting bleaker.

Completed the mission, tortured the art guy which was a bit bleak but then robbed his safe before tipping Slackjaw off. He can deal with the brothers - which he did by sending them down the mines apparently.

Killed 11 in that mission but that's mostly down to 4 of them in the art guy's mansion because one of them spotted me sneaking around and, y'know, suddenly there's a whole batch of them and they surrounded me. I only had one sleepy dart so had to chop them up a bit.

I am slowly going through the game...just did the bridge level where

You have to capture the healer guy alive.

Pretty fun mission! I got almost all the way through it without killing...only 6 deaths or so :D I AM GETTING BETTER!

Also, Stop Time is amazing.

Bridge level I got 2 kills I believe. I'm a few levels on from there (in the flooded district place) and JUST upgraded to the second possession so will be able to possess people rather than just rats and fish (which I only recently started doing and it's quite fun).

Yeah I finished it today too. The song over the credits is great. REALLY like it.

I think I got the super happy endings.

Emily rules with me as her bodyguard.

Sokolov and whatshisname find a cure.

More happy families brought together.

I die when I'm old and am buried by Emily in that gazeebo.

It DOES finish quite suddenly but that final setting was pretty cool.

Didn't kill him though. Killed very few people without - most levels only one or two and most targets I didn't kill at all, just "neutralised". The level back at the pub was excellent though I HATE Tallboys. Chose to send the electroshock just to make everyone unconscious.

Chose to kill Granny Rags rather than Slackjaw - at least he kept his promises to me throughout and she WAS a crazy witch. The Outsider was surprised that I was letting everyone live at that point.

Let Daud live too, just pickpocketed the keys.

Didn't realise until the credits that Daud was Michael Madsen.

Just did the Dunwall Tower mission and fucked it up.

I went the non-lethal route, went to the trouble of getting the safe combo and doing all the audiograph nonsense, no problem. On my way out, saw him being arrested and marched off by two guards. I think nothing of it, carry on my way, when a couple of minutes later I get two achievements pop up. One for assassinating ten people who were unaware and the other for killing the Lord Regent. I thought it was a glitch until I remembered I rewired all the traps rather than just disabling them. Bugger. And they were the only three casualties in the mission.

I was going to play through again anyway, but it's a bit annoying that I spent so much time going the non-lethal route and cocked it up anyway.