Football Manager 2013

Lineker

I really really hope they are going to update/fix the match engine when the game releases tomorrow.

I like FM13 a lot, but one thing that has been frustrating me to no end is the sheer brutal difficulty of the AI in classic mode.

Playing with Twente it doesn't matter if I step up against a shit amateur or a team like Ajax, they all kick my ass across the pitch and most of the time I end up either inching a victory or just flat out losing. I also draw way too much.

I have tried multiple tactics across multiple saves, but nothing really solidly works. Even though that makes it fun in a sense that I can't just use one tactic as the ultimate win button, but seeing a team that should be top 5 sit in 12th place because every team is dominating me is just not fun.

Also seeing amateur sides play one-touch football that would make Xavi jealous is also just plain damn stupid.

The game is freaking brutal in the cheap kind of way.

I really really hope they are going to update/fix the match engine when the game releases tomorrow.

I like FM13 a lot, but one thing that has been frustrating me to no end is the sheer brutal difficulty of the AI in classic mode.

Playing with Twente it doesn't matter if I step up against a shit amateur or a team like Ajax, they all kick my ass across the pitch and most of the time I end up either inching a victory or just flat out losing. I also draw way too much.

I have tried multiple tactics across multiple saves, but nothing really solidly works. Even though that makes it fun in a sense that I can't just use one tactic as the ultimate win button, but seeing a team that should be top 5 sit in 12th place because every team is dominating me is just not fun.

Also seeing amateur sides play one-touch football that would make Xavi jealous is also just plain damn stupid.

Nah, you're just crap. ^_^

Or that...

But it's just jarring because in FM12 I was succesfull, I didn't dominate everything and I am pretty sure I haven't won a CL in 12, but I was succesfull nonetheless.

But in FM13 I am just pure dissapoint in every single way, my team gets dominated by minnows and giants alike and when my team isn't shooting +70% from long range, then they are derping around defense and letting Roda JC win 4-1 over my Twente side...

I am all for a challenge and all, but I just feel that either the AI is being given buffs, or the engine is just causing my players to play like utter retards...

And it doesn't really matter if I am playing 532, 442, 451 or whatever, I am struggling with top 4 teams against everything and everyone.

Or that...

But it's just jarring because in FM12 I was succesfull, I didn't dominate everything and I am pretty sure I haven't won a CL in 12, but I was succesfull nonetheless.

But in FM13 I am just pure dissapoint in every single way, my team gets dominated by minnows and giants alike and when my team isn't shooting +70% from long range, then they are derping around defense and letting Roda JC win 4-1 over my Twente side...

I am all for a challenge and all, but I just feel that either the AI is being given buffs, or the engine is just causing my players to play like utter retards...

And it doesn't really matter if I am playing 532, 442, 451 or whatever, I am struggling with top 4 teams against everything and everyone.

I'll have a look at the Twente squad tomorrow and hand down some magic.

Or that...

I'll have a look at the Twente squad tomorrow and hand down some magic.

Thank you FM Jesus.

I don't get any props, I won 10 Premier Leagues in a row with Newcastle and 3 Champions Leagues. I've got to be some sort of higher power dry.gif

Pfft. That it?