Football Manager 2013

Lineker

I don't know if he'd be willing to go to Holland but Dani Guiza from Espanyol (I think) is a really good all rounder for that price range and easy enough to get. Then again, when the alternative is a guy literally called THE BULLET I know who I'd go for...

I just started a game with Feyenoord does anyone know a great striker to buy cheap around 1,5 million with speed and finishing? or 1 I can get on a loan?

Shola Ameobi

So, Chris Coleman did fuck up Celtic something fierce and I have managed to wrap up the title before the league split! In all their title wins, Celtic have lost normally 3-4 matches apart from one where they managed to lose 7 and still win by 18 points. They've now lost 10 with another 6 games left.

Won the League Cup and have the Scottish Cup (which I think I need for a Steam achievement caus the LC doesn't count) on the horizon which would make for a nice treble. Made it out of my group in the Champions League after smashing Zenit at home, coming agonisingly close to beating Barca at home and only losing 3-1 at the Nou Camp after we'd already qualified and even then, that third only came after we chased the game at the end. Lost to Man U in the first knockout round and they have a super team with people like Neymar, Hamsik, Yarmolenko, M'Vila and a German regen striker who is amongst the world's elite. Plus we only lost 5-0 on agg, compared to Chelsea who lost 7-2.

Got some good players and some good youth players to use but I do have something of an urge to move on. Unfortunately though, after 3 years of dicking around in League One, Leeds have got their act together and look be on their way back to the Championship so I'm not sure that job will come up for a while. Had a number of Prem teams come in for me before so I might jump at some point now I've managed to finish off in Scotland. Maybe I'll make this my own British Steel!

EDIT: Well, apart from the part about signing only that nations playing. :shifty: Speaking of which, Scotland won the 2020 European Championship!

Season starts perfect 3 starters injured for 2 months or more, Immers, Martins Indi and Drenthe. Got a striker though Amerteros from Heracles.

Somehow I anoyed the manager of VVV- Venlo because I don't have money for Wilschut but I said in the media that I want him. Now he wants to go away and was punished by VVV for no showing a training. I backed him up saying he has outgrown VVV-Venlo and need to be at a big club like Feyenoord. Now I'm in his favorite persons list. Hopefully I can buy him next season or get him for free over 2 years.

I just bought Kermis Erasmus as a back up striker and now I can put Achabar on loan to Excelsior. The funny thing is I bought him for 500k and got 15% of the money back because that money went to Feyenoord and that's the team I play with.

Currently pulling Villa through the slumps of a ten tier (think it is anyway) World Superleague based in England. Currently top of World League Division 4 (of 23 leagues).

Dunno if it is my defense or not but it's difficult to keep a clean sheet

Finished my first season as Liverpool manager, came 6th (7 points behind 4th placed Stoke) but won the Europa League after beating Man Utd on pens so really it was a mixed season.

Interesting thing though in that Villa and Swansea finished on the exact same point, goals scored, goals against and goal difference meaning they had to play a playoff to see who got relegated. Swansea won after extra time with Michu scoring a 95th minute winner at Old Trafford.

Is anybody aware of any decent training schedules they could possibly link to please?

Unfortunately my Spurs squad, despite changing the intensity of training at least three times now, seem to be stating it is too much for them.

Just don't pay attention to them whining.

Baddar uses FM Scout to find players with -1 potential.

Wow Ellis, -8 or higher are where it's at. Trying to prove yourself...

Proven cheat.

Rangers nicked Billy Davies from Hearts but sacked him by November, he was 8th after 14 games despite sending 29m (albeit after raking in 26m in player sales). Coleman left Celtic shortly after to go to West Ham, leaving them 3rd and a fair way behind shock leaders Dundee Utd.

I meanwhile landed at Fulham with little in the way of funds until my star Japanese regend CB got unhappy and wanted out, managed to get 30m out of Leverkusen and splashed out for O'Riordan from Rangers, as well as a young striker from Boca who has already won praise and is a contender for European Golden Boy. Sitting mid-table after 13 games, managing some good results at bigger teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Huddersfield ( <_<).

Had to oversee my own clearout, including a 35yr old Chris Brunt who was on a shocking 85k a week. The fans didn't like the fact he left but they can piss off when he's on those wages.

I hope someone has some suggestions for me because I am getting very desperate, very fast with FM13.

The thing that is making me desperate is the ungodly terrible defending displayed by every team I managed, regardless of playing with 3, 4 or 5 defenders in a formation.

You got defenders not clearing the ball when they should, instead dwelling on the ball until they get dispossessed in their own box or failing a simple backpass which instead gets intercepted for an easy shot at goal.

Then you got low crosses into the box that somehow land on your defenders feet, but they proceed to stand there like drooling idiots so that the striker can run in and smash it past your goalie.

Oh, I almost forgot defenders forgetting to mark anyone during corner kicks or long range free kick crosses, again resulting in easy goals for the opposition.

And it's not like my defense are inept, on the contrary. I have build my defense around all round good players who have good concentrations and better technical/physical skills. But even those top class defenders can't help it to make mistakes most amateur teams wouldn't even make.

I am getting very desperate and extremely jaded with playing FM13 right now, and I really want to have a proper game where I win with skill, and lose matches because the other team played a better game and not because my defenders couldn't clear a ball into the stands.

I just had to rant a little bit, because I am getting really tired of losing due to idiotic mistakes and not through a better skilled opponent.