Football Manager 2013

Lineker

3rd in the league, due to the fact we've had to go off to the Club World Cup (apparently, Liverpool won the Champions League the season before). So Man City, Man United and Liverpool are locked on 35 points at the top of the Premier League.

We're in the League Cup Semi-Final against Hull.

And we got into the Club World Cup final beating Estraghal (previous conquerors of Real Madrid in one of my previous Vancouver CWC entries) on penalties after a 3-3 draw which saw debutant goalkeeper John Ruddy score an OG!

Not the best way to endear yourself to me when you complained about not playing.

Oh! And we lost out on 1st place in our CL group to Bayern, as they beat us in the final round of the group stages. However, they drew Real Madrid and we drew Marseille. So, kinda glad.

This Scottish First Division is the easiest league I can ever recall playing in. Even when I drop points it seems as though the other results coordinate themselves to leave me no worse off.

No fixture congestion either - just a match every Saturday and even my terrible players don't get fatigued.

EDIT: And I've finally got the 'Comeback King' achievement after beating Albion Rovers 3-2! :w00t:

I had to nickname him Diego Suarez because it was blooming confusing having a Suarez and a Suárez on the team.

My aim is to try and get more English players in the first team because, other than Jack Robinson and sometimes Martin Kelly, there are hardly any. Henderson is still there, but the CM is packed he hardly gets a game. Jamie O'Hara is there and Sterling, Flanagan too. John Ruddy is 3rd choice keeper and I shipped him off on loan to Wexham or something for being awful in his one game.

The trick is getting foreign regens in young enough so they count as homegrown because English talent is generally shit compared to French, German, Argentinian and Brazillian deep into the game.

When you've got a team full of quality home grown South American 23 year olds with British passports, who cares about English players!

1 March 2019, my Liverpool side are 3-0 up on Marseille going into the second leg of the Champions League 1st Knockout Round. Out of the League Cup after losing to Hull due to a 115th min. goal (I did not know the league cup was settled on away goals only after extra time). In the FA Cup 6th round and will face either Man City or League 2 Fleetwood Town. 2nd in the league with a game in hand of leaders Man City and only two points between us.

Elsewhere Carlton Palmer's Wrexham are mounting a promotion challenge in the Championship! They're 5 points off the play offs!

It's their year!

I haven't played on Football Manager in over a week, I think there might be something wrong with me...

...And immediately I ditch Ross County - without playing another match - to sign on with Irish Premier Division side Sligo Rovers! :lol:

(Shamrock Rovers have won the title for the last seven years in a row under Gareth Southgate. HE IS GOING DOWN!!)