Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Scandinavia is a really good hunting ground for players on this FM! I started a career with Wolves and out of curiosity looked at which players Bjorn Sigurdarson shared an agent with. I then earned a place on said agent's favoured personnel list by buying up all his clients. :shifty: Celso Borges, Simen Brenne, Knut Olav Rinderoy and Tarik Elyounoussi were all really impressive. I also experimented with a Brazilian style 4-2-2-2 formation which has worked surprisingly well; we finished 2nd in the Championship and have beaten Arsenal 3-0 and Chelsea 2-1 so far this season, alongside a 1-1 draw with Man City.

However, because I'm exceptionally disloyal I've just left Wolves 10th in the Premier League for Norwich. We're 18th in the table but bafflingly finished 6th in 2012-2013, which means I take over with the team top of their Europa League group. We're also in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup, where we face a winnable game against Bristol City. I'm already regretting the decision a bit because I think I was blinded by their European status; we've got a much smaller budget than Wolves so if we don't win in Europe or qualify for it again with the League Cup I've taken a step backwards.

On the plus side, I may well be bringing Ronaldinho to Carrow Road in January. It is a tough choice between either him or the aforementioned Simen Brenne!

Well, Canada are fresh out of chances to qualify for the World Cup. Marcel de Jong gets sent off and we lose 4-1 to the US.

So, whatever happens vs. Jamaica, I'm gonna resign.

Finally got round to finishing my second Premier League season with Notts County (2017/18).

My aim was naturally to improve on my first season, which was:

Finished 14th, W10 D12 L16, F35 A59 GD -24, 42pts

...Which I did! In all except one attribute. ¬_¬

Finished 6th, W16 D10 L12, F52 A59 GD -7, 58pts

So a good improvement in goals scored but no reduction in goals conceded. Work on improving the defence next season is already underway though with deals agreed for Steven Caulker (£6.75m) and Chris Gunter (£2.7m) to make a hopefully-pretty-decent backline of Adam Smith - Aaron Martin (our POTY...AGAIN) - Caulker - Gunter. Now I just need to figure out replacements for (the retiring) Ashley Young and (the shit) Stewart Downing.

With all that said, I have a feeling it'd take something of a miracle for me to finish any higher. Hitting a bit of a glass ceiling with a massive gap between myself and the top five clubs of United, City, Spurs, Arsenal and Stoke (?!?). :shifty:

HeFGTnN.jpg

My final match as Vancouver manager sees us win the MLS Cup for the 5th time in a row.

My left back Rewani was sold after I left for 11 million to Man City and I am now taking a temporary job as boss of Wigan, purely because they're 4th in the league a head of both Man City and Liverpool who did not hire me.

HeFGTnN.jpg

My final match as Vancouver manager sees us win the MLS Cup for the 5th time in a row.

My left back Rewani was sold after I left for 11 million to Man City and I am now taking a temporary job as boss of Wigan, purely because they're 4th in the league a head of both Man City and Liverpool who did not hire me.

I left Celtic hoping to get a nice PL job. All the big clubs said no. Southampton, who finished 17th, said yes. So I took it, and took them to 5th in my first season. Fuck those big clubs who had no faith.

The weird thing was Man City said they wanted me and Liverpool were 'flattered' by my interest. Yet they just ended up swapping managers.

I've replaced Michael Owen as Wigan manager. :shifty:

Eh, the whole manager signing logic is absolutely nutters in FM13. (And it wasn't all that good to begin with).

The amount of managers taking worse jobs or leaving for no good reason is staggering.

Two big examples where Louis van Gaal retiring from management after the first year ended, he wasn't fired and he run through every game. But he just decided to retire for no reason at all. And then getting succeeded by fired Schalke manager Huub Stevens >_>

And then David Moyes decides to quit the Everton job to take a much much more prestigious job, of managing Reading in the Championship. Again, he wasn't fired and wasn't playing shit either. He just decided to leave for Reading.

Also the amount of revolving door signings are infuriating at times. Wenger got fired from Arsenal, they sign the Milan manager and Milan signs Wenger immediately after.

I am pretty sure lots of teams would be interested in Wenger, but not after you crashed Arsenal to the 14th place in the Premiership. But in FM every manager who got sacked gets a new job at a team of the same quality without ever having to build himself back up, granted Wenger doesn't need to prove himself but there are plenty of signings that are worth serious headscratching.

Just the whole signing logic needs to be fixed because I am tired seeing 20 or so top teams swap managers every october-november-december.

David Moyes is manager of Chelsea in my Notts County game. I don't believe it for a second. :shifty:

England job came up after they got knocked up by Belgium in the 2nd round of Russia 2018 so I decided to apply (figuring that managing any of the home nations would help my British Steel Challenge if only by making it more likely for good British/Irish players to start liking me for picking them). Apparently the FA said they were seriously considering my application but then went for Marco van fucking Basten instead.

So, a bit peeved, I decided to try and get any half-decent international job just to try and raise my CV on the side whilst continuing with Notts County...and now I manage Cote d'Ivoire! VIVE LES ELEPHANTS!

Arrived two games into a African Nations Qualifying group, with both ourselves and Guinea Republic having taken 6 points from...whoever the two crap teams were. Guinea away was my first match, and we were winning 3-2 before a 92nd minute equaliser. Still, confident of beating them at home so I should still walk the group. Not sure about the ACN itself though - my squad is pretty old and terrible apart from a good selection of strikers (and there are literally no Ivorian goalkeepers rated at more than 1.5 stars in the world :/).