Football Manager 2013

Lineker

So, finished my first season doing the big club, small country challenge and, despite it being one of the best seasons I've ever had on recent FM's, I still ended up gutted.

Playing as Man Utd, we won the league with a record 101 points and completed a domestic treble with the league and FA cups. We lost one game all season, in all competitions, away to Man City in the league.

A ridiculously good season but still left with a sour taste after losing the Champions League final to Juventus on penalties.

In country news; I got 2 Krygyzstani regens through my youth ranks this year and they're both useless! And as Kyrgyzstan didn't qualify for the main stages of the Asian World Cup Qualifiers, no competitive action to report on, just the odd friendly. No chance of their manager getting sacked for at least a couple of years.

The CL defeat has momentarily dented my interest, though it really shouldn't have. Anyhow, second season is always more fun than the first anyway, though im tempted by the San Marino challenge.

On another note, this save has given me my strangest FM game ever. Playing Man City in the home leg of the CL semi final, 2-0 up on the night, 5-0 on aggregate. Cruising. Wanyama, Carrick, Kagawa and Jones all then proceed to get sent off for two bookable offences. We had to play more than 30 minutes with 7 men, and still won 2-0.

My players do tend to get a lot of bookings as I play a pressing/hard tackling system. (For example Radja Nainggolan got 23 bookings through the season!). But up to that point we had only had 2 or 3 red cards all season, never seen anything like that before.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind
  • Like 1

Two must win games for Canada if we hope to progress beyond the Fourth Qualifying phase of the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers. Lost to Guatemala, Mexico and Costa Rica, now must beat the US and Jamaica and hope Costa Rica lose to Mexico and Guatemala to get a chance of reaching a play off.

It's the future.

I dabbled with 41131's a bit, but I never just went full Hulkamania on the Premiership before.

The amount of ridiculousness in this thread is really rising to a boiling point.

What's next, someone winning the Champions League with Linfield?

5 league games left. The streak ended on 51. Three year BC Place unbeaten streak went too. :(

Still, on course for five in a row!

Win 20!

DC Untied hold the MLS record for winning 4 MLS Championships. My Whitecaps are 1 away from 5 in a row. This will be the best time to bow out and move on to wherever the game takes me, should we win.