NBA 2012-13 Thread

original.jpg

Womp womp, totally underwhelming design choice.

Most of the ones seen here are better: http://99designs.com/designer-blog/2013/01/03/pelicans-logo-contest-winner-and-top-designs/

And this is the best one I'd seen. Just as it was with the Thunder, ESPN Uniwatch readers make far better designs choices than team owners.

6996117668_6e890fd0df_o.jpg

WHY DO BASKETBALL TEAMS ALWAYS HAVE BASKETBALLS IN THEIR LOGO?! WE KNOW WHAT SPORT YOU FUCKING PLAY!

Still hope for some nice uniforms though. But with those colors I expect we'll be mistaking them for another poorly-dressed avian team, the Atlanta Hawks. How you go from one of the best jerseys of all time in the 1980's to what they have now is a shocking mystery. At least Washington went back to a good look, giving me hope Atlanta will eventually do the same.

Yeah that's the next step. I'll be real surprised if the Kings don't rename themselves to the SuperSonics upon their move.

It's 100% confirmed to be happening at this point.

Their record since becoming the Thunder would remain in tact, just that the history of the franchise prior to the move would revert back to Seattle. Like I said, the NFL did it with the Ravens/Browns and I'm sure the city of Seattle will push for the same and don't really see why the NBA would have an issue with it.

Isn't OKC the Sonics as far as records go? I can't see the NBA allowing them to trade records with OKC.

I've heard of a shared history before, and wiki has something on it.

"According to the conditions of the settlement, the Sonics' name and colors could not be used by the team in Oklahoma City, but could be taken by a future team in Seattle, although no promises for a replacement team were given. The OKC team would retain the franchise history of the SuperSonics, which could be "shared" with any future NBA team in Seattle. The team moved to Oklahoma City immediately and announced it would begin play in the 2008–09 season"

I wouldn't say Ed Davis is shit and getting Prince and Daye from Detroit in place of Gay isn't that bad, either. They should still be one of the better teams in the West. That said, the move was clearly made to get under the luxury tax so they don't have to pay an arm and a leg for what used to cost just an arm.

HeadCheese, you like the Grizz too!? You get even cooler man!

I hate that the team had to trade Gay, but it's their own fault for throwing a max contract at him when he was never truly worth it. Prince can still play, and with Allen makes them an even better defensive team.

Losing Gay hurts, but I think this is still a team that can really cause problems in the playoffs because of their work rate, good defense, team play, and Gasol-Randolph down low.

• Like 1

Yes, I am a Grizz fan Szumi. Packers and Stl. Cardinals always come first, but Memphis is my hometown team, and I try to support them by going to the games on occasion. I'll admit that I overreacted to this trade upon hearing it. Keep in mind Memphis has a history of bad trades, including Pau Gasol(even though we got Marc) and Kevin Love, so it's hard to get excited about this. I've always liked Rudy since we initially got him back in '06(although at the cost of Battier) and felt he had the potential to be the guy here. I do realize he is overpaid for his production, but I really thought they would at least wait until the offseason to pull the trigger on a deal. It just feels like they are pissing away title contention, and if they wanted to get rid of Rudy all along, then why in the hell did they give the Cavs a 1st rounder to dump other guys?

The actual trade isn't too awful upon further inspection. I'm not familiar with Davis, but everyone seems to be raving about him being a possible Z-Bo replacement down the road. I'm probably most disappointed at the fact that there were no first round draft picks given up, which I would've preferred strongly. I'll see how things play out from here. I understand the new ownership wants to remold the franchise in their image, but I just really wanted our core to make one last run at the title.

Edited by HeadCheese