Slender

apsham

This isn't based off the Slender Man myth, is it?

Because fuck that guy, he's boring. Give me something actually scary pls kthnx

Burn in a fire. Slendy is awesome.

*yawn*

I won't deny that a lot of my antipathy for Slender Man comes from him being a blatant ripoff of the Tall Man from the Chzo Mythos.

Tall Man is a better video game character if you want a grand story but Slenderman is just so much more terrifying. See the thing is The Tall Man has an explanation, a backstory, a name. Slenderman has no explanation or backstory other than "He steals children and makes people die/lose their minds/get sick in his presence". How did he come to be? No one knows. Why does he do these things? No reason, he just does. The Slenderman just is. He's like a force of nature.

Nope. Makes him less scary for me, because it just shows how little effort went into creating him. "Why does he do this stuff? Oh, he just does." Tall Man is scarier because of all the horrible things that went into making him what he became. And, again, that lack of effort shows in the fact that he was lazily copied from something else.

Sorry, but if you want to scare me, you need to actually try.

• Like 1

*yawn*

I won't deny that a lot of my antipathy for Slender Man comes from him being a blatant ripoff of the Tall Man from the Chzo Mythos.

Tall Man is a better video game character if you want a grand story but Slenderman is just so much more terrifying. See the thing is The Tall Man has an explanation, a backstory, a name. Slenderman has no explanation or backstory other than "He steals children and makes people die/lose their minds/get sick in his presence". How did he come to be? No one knows. Why does he do these things? No reason, he just does. The Slenderman just is. He's like a force of nature.

Nope. Makes him less scary for me, because it just shows how little effort went into creating him. "Why does he do this stuff? Oh, he just does." Tall Man is scarier because of all the horrible things that went into making him what he became. And, again, that lack of effort shows in the fact that he was lazily copied from something else.

Nope. The lack of reasoning makes Slenderman more scary. A backstory like Tall man has gives him a human feel. There isn't a shred of humanity in The Slenderman's character and that is one of the big reasons he's scary.

And if you want to get into effort of creating him, maybe VS didn't but in incredible effort when making him for a contest but I would argue the youtube series that are around and the community surrounding those have put major effort into Slenderman.

For me, the backstory in EMH for Slenderman edges out what MH has made for him, though both are fantastic. It's just, I think as one person commented awhile back in one of the videos, the inclusion of the Rake and Slenderman clashing with each other so often almost symbolizes a duality between what the two 'represent', so to speak. Slenderman having such a rooted history in the EMH characters' pasts too, the reality fluctuations and time travelling hallucinations and shit, all of it is eerie and makes you wonder what his obsession with them is. MH Slenderman feels like a freakish force of nature that can't be stopped, but EMH's Slenderman has something more curious about it that draws me in more.

For me, the backstory in EMH for Slenderman edges out what MH has made for him, though both are fantastic. It's just, I think as one person commented awhile back in one of the videos, the inclusion of the Rake and Slenderman clashing with each other so often almost symbolizes a duality between what the two 'represent', so to speak. Slenderman having such a rooted history in the EMH characters' pasts too, the reality fluctuations and time travelling hallucinations and shit, all of it is eerie and makes you wonder what his obsession with them is. MH Slenderman feels like a freakish force of nature that can't be stopped, but EMH's Slenderman has something more curious about it that draws me in more.

There has only been one conflict between Slenderman and The Rake hasn't there? The one where The Rake chases Vincent into the woods after Evan

throws it out the window and Slenderman scares it off or something.

Edit:Forgot the twitter stuff too.

Edit 2:Ahh, The Rake Chased Jeff into the woods and Slendy showed up.

Also I watched some Tribe Twelve last night. MH's prop and costume for Slenderman is the best but holy fuck Tribe Twelve knows where to place him to make the most of their prop/photoshops/actor.

Now, granted, I'm not too far into EMH, but that is essentially the most popular theory going on with MH:

Slendy = Operator

Rake & Evan = Tim/Hoody

The wild card MH has is the totheark character, but I ultimately think TTA isn't going to be as much of consequence as people are making the character out to be.

My laptop crashed while I was watching Tribe Twelve. Not gonna lie, that was kinda creepy.

*yawn*

I'm coming to England next week and Ellis gave me your address

There has only been one conflict between Slenderman and The Rake hasn't there? The one where The Rake chases Vincent into the woods after Evan

throws it out the window and Slenderman scares it off or something.

Edit:Forgot the twitter stuff too.

Edit 2:Ahh, The Rake Chased Jeff into the woods and Slendy showed up.

Also I watched some Tribe Twelve last night. MH's prop and costume for Slenderman is the best but holy fuck Tribe Twelve knows where to place him to make the most of their prop/photoshops/actor.

Right? Like I said, of the three Tribe Twelve has the weakest acting but holy shit their Slenderman is terrifying.

The more you watch the more obvious it is that they edit him in or use a Mannequin depending on the shot. Like when Noah shoots at him it's really obvious because it moves during the distortion that it's a Mannequin. In fact the only time I think they used an actor in a costume was near the start when Milo is running away nd Noah looks back and the camera catches Slendy stepping out of the woods.

Also, if EMH want to involve another creature/Creepypasta it NEEDS to be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m1ePnlK6_c